• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kev O'Neill & Mike McMahon Sketches

8 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a copy of the Titan books ABC Warriors Vol 1 reprints of early 80s 2000AD material.

Inside the front and back covers are some very nifty sketches.

Kevin O'Neill produced this great sketch of Nemesis the Warlock who wasn't, technically, an ABC Warrior.

mylar001-1.jpg

Mike McMahon's Deadlock sketch doesn't have the same level of love applied to it as the O'Neill picture. But it's still cool.

mylar-1.jpg

You can see Pat Mills' signiature on that image also. Dave Gibbons has signed the inner title page as well.

The book was rumoured to be the first off the press. Condition is not so flash though, young Julian must have loved it to death and I can't say I blame him.

O'Neill and McMahon remain amongst my favourite comic artists so I was pretty happy to pick this up.

What a great piece! Great sketches!

The British creators were at a peak during the time period when the original stories were produced.

Pat Mills is one of the best writers in comic book history. Totally underrated.

You lucky guy!

Pat Mills is one of the best writers in comic book history. Totally underrated.

Agreed. He has a huge output and his work surrounding Hammerstein and Nemesis should be far better known than it is. Some fantastic subversive satire underscores stories that absolutely stand on their own as engrossing narratives.

Don't forget Mills's Charley's War, probably the best war comic ever written.

Do Colquhoun pages from that strip ever come up for sale?

It is an often overlooked classic. Coincidentally enough I was contacted by Joe's family very recently and we discussed the possibility of them selling a few pages from Charley's War in the next few months. If you're interested please drop me a PM.

Don't forget Mills's Charley's War, probably the best war comic ever written.

(thumbs u

Charley's War is a classic, an amazing work. I've recommended it to many people, but I think the very British flavor may make it a bit hard for U.S. readers to get into.

Slaine, Robusters... Mills has written some astoundingly diverse enjoyable stuff.