• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 on the move?

26 posts in this topic

I'm glad I got mine when I did, and I'm beginning to think I didn't slightly overpay as I initially thought.

Most recent GPA prices:

1.5!

Aug-23-2011 $3,995 Cert# 0152968001

Aug-16-2011 $4,950 Cert# 0914837002

Aug-07-2011 $4,183 Cert# 0914927001

Sep-20-2011 $4,335 Cert# 0781635001 (This one is mine), before that no sales since July.

Aug-04-2011 $5,605 Cert# 0103773003

Aug-17-2011 $5,527 Cert# 0915380001 (If decent eye appeal I think the buyer did well)

Sep-04-2011 $6,900 Cert# 0984529001

Jul-17-2011 $6,999 Cert# 1010780001 ("older" sale)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200656250164+

CURRENT Bid with 6 days to go, $8600!

I was second guessing myself with my recent pickup because it has CROW pages (although NO marvel chipping). But yeah, I think I did OK.

A 4.5 OW just sold in the latest Clink auction for $7,400. There was also a 4.5 in the last Clink auction that did $6,785 with CR-OW. As Clink doesn't report to GPA those sales won't show up unless you troll their auction results.

A 4.5 OW just sold in the latest Clink auction for $7,400. There was also a 4.5 in the last Clink auction that did $6,785 with CR-OW. As Clink doesn't report to GPA those sales won't show up unless you troll their auction results.

When did those close? I'm looking at sales within the last 30 or so days. There there seems to be a strong overall uptrend, especially in the lower grades.

That 4.5 on ebay right now is definately going to throw off the pricing curve. It looks more like a 6.0 or better . Of course we don't know if something in the interior of the book dragged it down to a 4.5. I just hope the picture is not photoshopped.

Anyone care to call for grader's notes on the 4.5? Id like to know why it was only graded as that.. Definitely looks like a 6.5!

Yeah, I'm curious. Personally I would love to buy a comic that got a huge downgrade for a major tear on the inside of the comic. Makes for an amazingly presentable comic for the grade in the slab.

When did those close? I'm looking at sales within the last 30 or so days. There there seems to be a strong overall uptrend, especially in the lower grades.

The $7,400 result was from like 3 days ago, the other was from August's auction.

Anyone care to call for grader's notes on the 4.5? Id like to know why it was only graded as that.. Definitely looks like a 6.5!

There are several long creases that break the colour on the front and back covers. This look like nice book but is probably a 4.5 when scrutinized closely.

Is there a time in the past 10 years when the price of AF 15 hasn't been on the move?
It is always on the move (both up and down). Prices did have a strong pull back 2 years ago and are only now getting back to 2008/9 highs

There are several long creases that break the colour on the front and back covers. This look like nice book but is probably a 4.5 when scrutinized closely.

Thanks for gathering up that info Roy. I don't see the creases at all on the book, Do you think the scans were manipulated?

After the fast run up to 7.0s selling for 50K. I did stall a bit in lower mid grades, didn't it?

Also. Didn't a 9.4 recently sell for 325K? GPA included it in the newsletter recently but no one has mentioned it here I don't think...?

Recent HG sales:

Metropolis 9.4 $ 325,000

HA 8.0 83,650

C-Link 7.5 54,500

Thanks for gathering up that info Roy. I don't see the creases at all on the book, Do you think the scans were manipulated?

I can't say whether the scans are manipulated or not but they're just thin creases and I can clearly see them when scrutinizing the book.