• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 on the move?

26 posts in this topic

ASM 1 just has problems keeping up with the AF 15 trend. Its just a so much more common book (in any grade) than AF 15. Collectors would rather invest money in AF 15 rather than ASM 1 currently in my opinion (at least I would and have).

ASM 1 just has problems keeping up with the AF 15 trend. Its just a so much more common book (in any grade) than AF 15. Collectors would rather invest money in AF 15 rather than ASM 1 currently in my opinion (at least I would and have).

Based on those "just posted" sales, I'd rather spend 10 grand on a 7.5 Spidey 1 than a 4.5 AF15.

But, the grades being equal, I'd rather have the AF15. rantrant

Oh, I think the price difference is totally justified. The first appearance of a character that is as big of an icon as gold age heavy hitters like Superman and Batman.

ASM 1 is the first issue of Spidey's own series, but that's not nearly as significant.

Closed at $10,288 (worship)

Don't know the notes but it must have a good shot at a 5.0 press/resub.

And the ASM 1 7.5 closed at a low $9,600 (hasn't sold that low since 2009).

Strong price, but not surprising for that copy. I'm guessing the buyer paid the potential upgrade price - gambling that the copy can be improved (thru a pressing). It had very minor creasing on the FC with main creasing on BC.

Would not be surprised if this book reappears as a 5.5.