• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some advice on OA: Signature from artist

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new to OA and working to obtain my first OA piece. Is it common to get the artist's signature on the original art piece or will it damage the art? I am working to get a Cover Art and thinking of getting it signed by the artist himself. Will this be good idea? Where can I find a folder-like to store these arts (11 x 17), want them all in 1 booklet?

Thank you for your help!

I like to get my art signed. It's a nice excuse to put the art in front of the creator and start a conversation.

But I always ask that they sign in the margin - and I prefer pencil. The goal is not have it interfere with the art. And I never have it dedicated.

Some of the large, metallic ink dedications (right in the middle of a splash) make the collector in me want to cry.

I like to get my art signed. It's a nice excuse to put the art in front of the creator and start a conversation.

But I always ask that they sign in the margin - and I prefer pencil. The goal is not have it interfere with the art. And I never have it dedicated.

Some of the large, metallic ink dedications (right in the middle of a splash) make the collector in me want to cry.

Never made sense to me why someone who purchases art second hand would have an artist dedicate the art to themselves.

Edwin