• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 2 : Guess The Grade

74 posts in this topic

Did you list this formula on the other thread?

I missed it...

How do you go from 10 to 3? confused.gif

He's awarding points from 10 down to 1, with 10 going to the first person who correctly graded the book. There were 6 people who got the correct grade, so they got 10, 9 , 8 , 7 , 6 , and 5 points respectively. You were probably the second person to list a grade off by .5, so the first person got the 4 points and you got the 3 points.

Comprendez-vous?

I know this cause my running club ran a grade prix race series and this is how the points were awarded.

I missed it...

He's awarding points from 10 down to 1, with 10 going to the first person who correctly graded the book. There were 6 people who got the correct grade, so they got 10, 9 , 8 , 7 , 6 , and 5 points respectively. You were probably the second person to list a grade off by .5, so the first person got the 4 points and you got the 3 points.

Comprendez-vous?

I know this cause my running club ran a grade prix race series and this is how the points were awarded.

all you have to do is guess the right grade.. gossip.gif (like some people did grin.gif)...then you dont worry 'bout nuting mon! grin.gif

Do I get any bonus for being first with the correct answer for book 1 (this scoring system is damn confusing)?

9.2 for this beauty cool.gifcool.gif

really...how fair is that though? what if your not home when he first posts the new book and there are 10 people before you who guess right along with you, but you dont recieve any points?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I missed it...

Comprendez-vous?

Wow...

This is harder to keep track of than getting a 9.8 from CGC! tonofbricks.gif

really...how fair is that though? what if your not home when he first posts the new book and there are 10 people before you who guess right along with you, but you dont recieve any points?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Tough Toenails Turkey!.....you are obviously not a committed boardmember, and feel the need to turn your eyes away from the screen, occassionally. God, I can't stand guys like you! You mean to tell my you actually leave the computer to take a potty break, or to go outside for food? insane.gif

Tough Toenails Turkey!.....you are obviously not a committed boardmember, and feel the need to turn your eyes away from the screen, occassionally. God, I can't stand guys like you! You mean to tell my you actually leave the computer to take a potty break, or to go outside for food? insane.gif

red...your starting to scare me dude! seriously!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hahaha.jpg

893whatthe.gif

I missed it...

Yes I had a post on the contest and how the points are awarded. Simply put

10 points if you hit the correct grade. It dont matter if you were the first to post or last, you are awarded 10 points.

within .2 of the grade you get 7 points.

within .4 of the grade you get 5 points

within .5 of the grade you get 3 points.

Make sense frown.gif

10 points if you hit the correct grade. It dont matter if you were the first to post or last, you are awarded 10 points.

YES, I CAN LEAVE MY COMPUTER NOW!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Calm down, you got 10 points.

Calm down, you got 10 points.

I AM CALM....GOSH DARN DAG NAB IT!!!!!

How come HE gets 10 points, when I was first with the correct answer?

I want the results sealed in a mayonaise jar on Funk and Wagnel's front porch (anyone besides me old enough to remember Carnak the Magnificent?)

How come HE gets 10 points, when I was first with the correct answer?

I want the results sealed in a mayonaise jar on Funk and Wagnel's front porch (anyone besides me old enough to remember Carnak the Magnificent?)

Jay Leno right??? grin.gif

(JK...I loved watching Carson as a kid!) thumbsup2.gif