• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Nick Fury AOS 2

12 posts in this topic

hard to tell without better look at the spine ( the aforementioned fuzzyness near the 2), and is there a crease on the top left of the back cover?

Still, amazing eye-appeal, and the front cover looks like a 9.6/9.8 book.

What's going on directly above the "2" in "132 Roman Soldiers" on the BC?

I'm not sure. The pages and back cover in that area all look like they're slightly roughly cut, not smooth-edged, and therefore bulge out just a tiny bit from the rest of the pages. Is it possible this is a sign of a bad trim, or could it be bindery defect? I bought the book 15 yrs ago for about $15 so it's hard to imagine anyone wasting time trimming it.

I just put the book on top of an AOS 3 and it's about 1/8 inch less in length, though identical in width (where the roughness is). Bad sign, or is it irrelevant to compare 2 different issues?

What's going on directly above the "2" in "132 Roman Soldiers" on the BC?

I'm not sure. The pages and back cover in that area all look like they're slightly roughly cut, not smooth-edged, and therefore bulge out just a tiny bit from the rest of the pages. Is it possible this is a sign of a bad trim, or could it be bindery defect? I bought the book 15 yrs ago for about $15 so it's hard to imagine anyone wasting time trimming it.

I just put the book on top of an AOS 3 and it's about 1/8 inch less in length, though identical in width (where the roughness is). Bad sign, or is it irrelevant to compare 2 different issues?

Yeah, measuring doesn't really tell you much unless it's dramatically smaller in size. There are a lot of tests for trimming, a lot are discussed in this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7257#Post7257

I doubt it was a trim error, unless you see that all the pages line up at a right angle to the surface of the cover in a straight cut of the folded book. It might be a bindery defect like you mentioned. I thought maybe you had torn pages extending outward beyond the edge of the cover.