• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - The Pinstripe Empire is Striking Back!!

109 posts in this topic

Someone bust out the yankee fan Off Spray their coming out of the woodwork!
27_laughing.gif

Actuially, the Angels beat the Twins, 1-0 a few days ago. Sele came out of the bullpen for 5 shutout innings and the bullpen cleaned up. The Angels scored the run in the top half of the 9th inning.

If you want to see real baseball come over to the National League. hi.gif

Do you really want to compare the homegrown RedSox to the homegrown Yankees? Jeter,Bernie Williams,Mariano Rivera,Jorge Posada? Quality trumps quanity. And thats after trading Soriano,and Losing Pettite to free agency.

Bosox have pretty much said they have no interest in resigning Nomar and want the Catcher to sign a discounted contract.So much for building thru the minors.

pedro,manny,curt,jhonny daman,embree,lowe,ortiz,reese-somehow I missed them when they played in Pawtucket.

Do you really want to compare the homegrown RedSox to the homegrown Yankees? Jeter,Bernie Williams,Mariano Rivera,Jorge Posada? Quality trumps quanity. And thats after trading Soriano,and Losing Pettite to free agency.

Bosox have pretty much said they have no interest in resigning Nomar and want the Catcher to sign a discounted contract.So much for building thru the minors.

pedro,manny,curt,jhonny daman,embree,lowe,ortiz,reese-somehow I missed them when they played in Pawtucket.

I guess you missed my sarcasm. 893frustrated.gif

What in the world does farm system quality have to do with buying a team?

There's a difference between filling a needed hole such as a fast defensive centerfielder ala Johnny Damon, a #1 starter in Pedro in his 7th year with the Sox, or a clutch #4 hitter with Manny, in his 4th year with the Sox, versus stocking your team with as many all-stars every year as your club house will hold; Giambi, Mussina, Arod, Sheffield, Brown, Matsui.

The Red Sox players mentioned; Curt Shilling - got me there with the solid #2 starter they needed to contend, Lowe - 53 innings and a 6.06 ERA before they signed him HE STUNK, Pokey Reese - career .257 hitter, .257!!, Ortiz - his best year was .272 with 20 homers which are Giambi's numbers in a half a season, Embree (why his name even came up is a mystery) before the Sox he played with 5 teams in 7 years and carried a 5.03 ERA over that time, HE STUNK.

Yankees 101 - Buying and going through all-stars like a pack of grape Bubble Yum.

Red Sox - Building a champion by putting the pieces together...(and the fans go crazy ahhhhhh!)

CRC

you are absoF'inglutely correct. if they's kept Alfonso, (like they should have - loved him and have little feelings either way about A-rod) kept johnson and didn't screw up bigtime and let Pettite slip away, they would have had 7 premium players that came up thru their own farm system. not sure that any other team in the majors could say that.

and guess what to all you "yankees are buying another championship" espousers - what other New York team has had the highest payroll in Hockey for some years now and can't find their butts with both hands - RANGERS. money in and of itself doesn't get it done as the rangers so adeptly show.

AND, i don't care who you are and how much you spend to keep your own homegrown talent - i will never put you down for that!!!!!!!

All this money bickering is the reason why this game is no longer a real "game". Its about money...Period! And its been that way for quite a while (remember the strikes...and I dont mean the ones that go across the plate either!) I love the Red Sox because I grew up watching them and they are my home team. Watching them as a young kid, I didnt think about who made what per year or how much they are spending on the team...I watched simply because I love the game!

Now that I am older and can see that it is about the money it does make me sick!

But I keep watching anyways because for a few breif moments when the ball hangs in the air on its way out of the park...it is still the game I knew as a kid. thumbsup2.gif

It's a good thing 100 years of total baseball misery and failure has not Boston fans bitter!

27_laughing.gif

...and failure has not made? Boston fans bitter!

I havent been around that long! grin.gif

I think I get it now. If Boston needs some pieces to fill out the team,such as a #1(pedro) and 2(curt) or cf(jhonny) or closer(whomever they wasted money on this year),that is good. Yet when the Yankees sign a #3 starter(Mussina) ,a replacement 1b(Giambi) a outfielder to replace their long time RF(ONeil),or trade their best young player(Soriano) to aquire a needed third baseman(ARod),or 2nd best young player to aquire a pitcher(Vasquez),this is buying a championship.

Are people ignoring me??? Who has the BEST record right now???

Boston?

New York??

NO, IT'S TEXAS!!!! MUHAHAHA!!!!!

I find baseball to be about the most BORING sleeping.gif sport there is (except Cricket maybe).

But I do find the post above funny as h e l l !!!

Go Rangers...!

if anybody says that BOTH the red sox and yankees aren't trying to buy a championship, then you're completely and totally ignorant and/or blinded by fan-dom.

i'm listening to the gigantes vs. the mets right now and watching another game on the tv. barry bonds on base percentage is .704. cripes.