• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Timeline 1961-1979

15 posts in this topic

If anyone is interested, I put together a Marvel Timeline for Nov 1961 through December 1979. The dates correspond to the date printed on the comics, not the actual publication dates.

If you see any date errors or missing titles, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Excel file: Marvel Timeline

VERY COOL. thumbsup2.gif

I have done that with only the Silver-Age titles. I then recreated the spreadsheet showing guide value instead of the issue number. That allows me to anallzye which issues might be undervalued based on their issue dates in comparison to other titles.

I have done that with only the Silver-Age titles. I then recreated the spreadsheet showing guide value instead of the issue number. That allows me to anallzye which issues might be undervalued based on their issue dates in comparison to other titles.

Does Captain Savage top the list? wink.gif

Wow... great job on that spreadsheet! I only see a couple of omissions:

Island of Dr. Moreau 1977 one-shot

TV Stars 1978-79 1-4 (Hanna-Barbera characters)

893applaud-thumb.gif to you Von Doom.

wow. great work!. and fascinating to see th ewhole Marvel history in a graph like this.

One thing popped out: I always thought the gap in XMen between 93 and 94 was longer than 3 months! like it was years instead before reviving it... I guess iw was years without new stories, same difference.

One thing popped out: I always thought the gap in XMen between 93 and 94 was longer than 3 months! like it was years instead before reviving it... I guess iw was years without new stories, same difference.

Yea, it was about 5 years from X-Men 67 (first reprint) to #94. The time between 93 and 94 is only three months.

If anyone is interested, I put together a Marvel Timeline for Nov 1961 through December 1979. The dates correspond to the date printed on the comics, not the actual publication dates.

If you see any date errors or missing titles, please let me know.

You must have a bunch of time on your hands. I created an almost exact copy of this a/b a year ago and it took me quite a while. It's really creepy how similar they are.

I found a few errors/omissions in yours and a few in mine. I'm in the process of verifying them. I will make updates and post them.

--Stronguy

Ok, all done. There were a few discrepancies on b/t the two of us. To figure out who was correct I looked on the web to find scans of the books.

Marvel Comics Timeline 1961-1979 (file)

As far as I can tell this is accurate. You had some actualy months noted on annuals that were dated by year only. I did not update those on mine.

Here's the next question... Who wants to tackle the 1980's and 1990's? shocked.gif