• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sparkle City Auctions

124 posts in this topic

CGC needs to see the collection in it's entirety don't they? If a collection like this is released by the owner in pieces it might not qualify for the pedigree designation.

Definitely not. Savannah got Ped designation from a list and a viewing of the B&B and Showcase runs

CGC needs to see the collection in it's entirety don't they? If a collection like this is released by the owner in pieces it might not qualify for the pedigree designation.

Definitely not. Savannah got Ped designation from a list and a viewing of the B&B and Showcase runs

I think they saw the list and saw the books that Shelton brought to NYC last year but did they actually designate them based on just those two boxes?

No hidden agendas on my part....I just like pretty books that are graded fairly so that when I buy there are no surprises...these books are neither....I understand CGC consistency is hard to maintain not withstanding that its bad for business but this period of slack grading has been going a little too long for my liking & it looks to be getting worse

Didn't seem like they got such great prices on this batch.

Am I wrong that Strange Tales Annual 2 seems grossly undervalued? Spidey's 4th appearance but it guides at $2,100? Or is it doomed by the fact it doesn't have Spider-Man in the title?

Am I wrong that Strange Tales Annual 2 seems grossly undervalued? Spidey's 4th appearance but it guides at $2,100? Or is it doomed by the fact it doesn't have Spider-Man in the title?

it's not in the ASM run, but yes, it's undervalued.

Squarebounds have always defied logic, although not in a good way. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think they're very logical.

Most people didn't collect annuals the way the rest of the run was collected and so there is less psychological attachment to them. Personally, I think they're really cool...especially because they are off the beaten path.

Someone will have to explain this to me:

ComicLink September auction - Strange Tales 108 CGC 9.2 OWW $1,000

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dstrange%2Btales%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D2&id=904812

Sparkle City eBay auction - Strange Tales 108 CGC 9.2 W $1,826

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350495285904&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Both copies are well wrapped and look really nice. Does page quality make that much difference? (:

Mike

It finished at $5,300.

It finished at $5,300.

I know. I just think the price is way too low to start with. It came out between ASM 2 and 3 but is priced at a fraction of either of those books and less than any ASM until issue 16. Granted, there's no major debut and it's a so-so cover but it seems way out of whack. But I guess the market always determines what the "right" price is.

Someone will have to explain this to me:

ComicLink September auction - Strange Tales 108 CGC 9.2 OWW $1,000

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dstrange%2Btales%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB%26pg%3D2&id=904812

Sparkle City eBay auction - Strange Tales 108 CGC 9.2 W $1,826

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350495285904&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

Both copies are well wrapped and look really nice. Does page quality make that much difference? (:

Mike

Explanation:

Comiclink 9.2 book: Pressed to its maximum potential

SparkleCity 9.2 book: A 9.2 one good press away from a 9.4.

The Comiclink book also has lower page quality and is distributor marked; but, as all that Twin Cities crud proved, that's just me.

dunno about the over grading, i just looked at the TTA 44 CGC 9.6, TTA 57 CGC 9.6, and the STT 114 CGC 9.6 and they look amazing.

It's a treat to see a beautiful copy of TTA 44... one of my favorites! :cloud9:

It finished at $5,300.

I know. I just think the price is way too low to start with. It came out between ASM 2 and 3 but is priced at a fraction of either of those books and less than any ASM until issue 16. Granted, there's no major debut and it's a so-so cover but it seems way out of whack. But I guess the market always determines what the "right" price is.

Despite being a 9.4 copy, the ST Annual 2 from the Saginaw collection has a nasty bit of glue rippling along the spine on both the front and back covers. I think a 9.4 copy that survived flat would achieve a significantly higher sale price.