• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any chance of getting Signature Series witnessed at HorrorHound Cincinnati?

35 posts in this topic

Less than 2 weeks away, looks like a no go on anyone setting up to sub and witness?

If anyone wants to get a book or two signed by some of the guests let me know and I would be up for helping a few board members with non-ss books since it looks like that won't be an option.

:(

Well word is not enough interest for us to get Sig Series stuff done. My offer is still open to help out a couple board members if you want to get a few items signed without it being Sig Series. PM me if you are interested.

So any other board members gonna be at this show? I will be there Saturday. Picked up some random Ghostbuster, Clerks, Boondock Saints, Hellraiser, and a Bill and Teds comic book to get sigs on. Will be bring some Walking Dead stuff but nothing too big since none of this will be Sig Series.

Will post pics of everything sometime this weekend.

Well all I can say is that it was probably best that a witness wasn't in attendance with how things went down at this show. A lot of last minute cancellations of guests, along with BS from staff saying guests were in route which was really a lie. The place was so packed that it would have been a headache for you to get around to help anyone, and they even had some lines for sigs setup so you were waiting outside of the dang hotel/convention area.

I ended up wasting 5 hours waiting around for Norman Reedus who early this morning said he wasn't going to be able to make it via Twitter, then to have the staff on site say they actually wrapped up filming early this morning instead of as expected tonight and Reedus is on a flight and expected at the con around 4PM. All of this after some of the staff was telling people for a couple hours that Jon Bernthal was running late but was in route which was a lie since he is also still stuck filming. The finally admitted he cancelled completely but then at 4PM I found out from Sean Patrick Flanery that Norman Reedus hadn't even left the ATL airport but was still waiting trying to get a seat on a plane to Cincy.

Argued with some staff at registration that it will be BS if they expect us to pay $20 again to get in tomorrow if all we want is Reedus autograph. Was very pleasant at first about it but they wouldn't give me a straight yes or no answer on how this is going to be handled if Reedus is in attendance tomorrow.

Brendan I looked for you today while I was there (thought it was really too crowded to see anything) sorry I missed you.

A buddy of mine went with me today and neither of us paid to get in since the credit card machine wouldn't work and I guess after all the problems they were having (including what you've mentioned) they didn't care too much about 2 admissions.

Didn't even get a chance to go in the Walking Dead room. Every time I went by they had the door shut for some reason. I didn't even know that any problems were happening because you couldn't even tell who was or wasn't there.

I went last year as well, the lines and locations for things are pretty terrible. Most people wouldn't even know where to find the Ghostbuster stuff. You can miss it completely. The lines at random places around the building made no sense and if you didn't see the piece of paper taped to the wall you had no clue where to go.

Highlight of the evening though, Scott Blair was there. Somehow I totally missed out on this and had no blanks covers with me. Since the convention was a bust my friend and I drove to a local store and picked up some blanks and went back to get some sketches done.

If you go back tomorrow Brenden he's by the door to the tattoo section. Godspeed!