• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAL'S COLUMN late September 2011 Edition

93 posts in this topic

Good day, boys and girls

don't have a lot for this Edition, but as promised, i deliver at least the minimum.

Let's see... comic books only

FeeBay...

Ahh... therein lies my temporary writers' block dilemma... handed to me by none other than the Feebay scamsters that have infested that once-great site.

Most of you who follow me see that I sell quite a bit these days. I rarely sell Key comics because I did not want to get bogged down with the trouble-transactions. There IS a significant segment of FeeBayers out there that "take their shots" at Sellers that they circled their wagons around. They figured out that I am really busy or too distracted to really put up too much a fight.

The comics - I ALWAYS put the page Quality on the listings. I feel that it is just another Customer Service detail to let the prospective Buyer know what kind of book s/he is getting. In my 12th year on the 'Bay, I finally got not one, not two, but THREE complaints about the Page Quality!!!

1) Iron Man # 5. Sold by me as VF 8.0. Front and back cover digital pics provided. The Buyer had no problem w/ the 8.0, but he whined like the little girlie and said that the pages were not ow( off-white) but ctow( cream-to-off-white). He demanded

full refund. I said "no". he filed the "Not as described" against me via PayPal. Ok. So I am out $21.00 plus whatever he paid for shipping. Did not think anything else about it. Last week PayPal rules in MY FAVOR. This is unusual; the Sellers usually get hosed when this happens. However, they took into consideration:

a) he constantly files for refunds

b) not a stellar feedback record

c) page quality was NOT the main selling feature

d) ow against ctow is not significant enough

e) he was upset about the 3rd comic he spent $225 on, but used the lowest valued item to file his "complaints" against me.

Yes I provided PayPal some of the above info when I took the time to respond online. But I was sure that I lost out here. For resaons unexplained, that SILVER SURFER # 1 8.5 he paid for separately has no mention at all.

Conclusion: He did a search on Iron Man # 5 completed sales the past 30 days, and he overpaid for mine. PayPal told him that he would have to send the comic( IM 5) back, and he panicked and did not want to send the SS 1 back had he filed the complete claim for all three( 3) comics he bought from me. he had badgered me for three weeks about the ow vs. ctow for IM 5, and the rare( for me to sell) DC comic he bought( Omac # 1), but when I asked him about the SS 1 he never replied once nor mentioned SS 1 at any time. He was also upset that he got outbid on two others that kept him from getting my "Buy 5 and get free shipping". he felt that he spent $300 or so anyway, he should qualify for the Free shipping. had he not been a jerk about all of this, I would have given him the free ship/insurance and thrown in an extra IMSM as I usually do.

Back in October for the other two strange cases. Oh, just a quick jab here: paypal ruled in my favor on the 2nd one too.

Hope this finds everyone well, and some info for all to use.

CAL extremely busy... :busy: