• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay scam of my af15

42 posts in this topic

hello all...

fair warning

don't anyone bid on this book

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300605241707

I own it and it is clearly in my possession!

scam or fraud artist, I assume

rick

ps, thanks to boardie HaydenTO for bringing to my attention

I searched the diff "reporting" topics... the copying photo one required an ebay listing where I listed (and I haven't) so I wasn't sure "how" to report

you would think there would be an outright "fraud" one, but I didn't find (shrug)

I searched the diff "reporting" topics... the copying photo one required an ebay listing where I listed (and I haven't) so I wasn't sure "how" to report

you would think there would be an outright "fraud" one, but I didn't find (shrug)

I just used the drop down for counterfeit, but there is also a link direct to security you can use.

Look at the item so it's in your cache, Rick, then click on that link and it allows you to report it as stolen image .

Too bad the software is so messed up you have to actually KNOW where to find the right buttons, but it's there through that link.

I am pretty sure you didn't need to show proof of ownership, Rick. :) I assume ebay was notified?

Not for our benefit, but if the auction runs its course I'm going to use this link when I neg scum sucking crook.

Just a quick note; eBay will remove any feedback that has a website link in it. Therefore it may be best to use a different approach. I have had this happen to me when I tried to stop a potential fraudulent transaction from occurring.

Just a note of caution...

Sincerely,

'mint'

I have sent out numerous front and back cover scans to folks, so not sure "who" it is that is perpetuating the fraud hm

Unless you sent different scans to different people, that looks to be a different scan than the scan you provide me (one I received had top edge of slab cut off). It's definitely your book.

Since book originally sold on ebay, he/she could've lifted the scan from the ebay auction. Guess I'm hoping it was not one of the CGC board members - that would be quite bold and not too bright!

Good catch and hope ebay takes this seriously!

hello all...

fair warning

don't anyone bid on this book

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300605241707

I own it and it is clearly in my possession!

scam or fraud artist, I assume

rick

ps, thanks to boardie HaydenTO for bringing to my attention

I would first e-mail the seller and say that AF5.0 is your property and in your possession. Tell the seller to take it down immediately or you will take matters further. You probably have done this already.

I have sent out numerous front and back cover scans to folks, so not sure "who" it is that is perpetuating the fraud hm

Unless you sent different scans to different people, that looks to be a different scan than the scan you provide me (one I received had top edge of slab cut off). It's definitely your book.

Since book originally sold on ebay, he/she could've lifted the scan from the ebay auction. Guess I'm hoping it was not one of the CGC board members - that would be quite bold and not too bright!

Good catch and hope ebay takes this seriously!

Those were my scans. Probably made multiple sets (thumbs u