• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting SS for NYCC

37 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have three comics I want to get signed at NYCC. Walking Dead 1, 1982 Wolverine 1 and NYX 3.

They're all 9.8 and I do not want to crack them out only to strikeout when I'm trying to get a signature. But I would also like to have them pre-cracked and prepped prior to going in so I'm not bumbling around on the spot in a large crowd trying to do it there.

I met Green when he had a booth set up in a comic shop, and he suggested that it was safe for the Walking Dead and NYX, but to leave the Wolvie in the slab - saying Frank Miller is a tricky signature to get.

I trust Green's knowledge but I'd also like to hear multiple suggestions since it's about $900 worth of comics. So is getting a CGC SS signature easy enough that I'm safe to remove them from their slabs?

Thanks!

Last year, I got a wristband for the Frank Miller signing, cracked my Wolverine 2, 3, and 4 9.8 copies, then Miller cancelled. I ended up getting Claremont to sign them and reslabbed the books, but yes, I wish I waited to crack them until before the signing began. I would wait to crack the Wolverine #1.

Kirkman and Moore shouldn't be a problem on the Walking Dead 1. You may want to go through the Paradise Comics Hero Initiative signing to guarantee a Quesada signature on the NYX 3. Go to the CGC booth on the 1st day of the show regardless, they can help you with that. Expect to pay a $5 fee to get Tony Moore on your Walking Dead 1, and probably a $10 fee to HERO Initiative to get Quesada.

Last year, I got a wristband for the Frank Miller signing, cracked my Wolverine 2, 3, and 4 9.8 copies, then Miller cancelled. I ended up getting Claremont to sign them and reslabbed the books, but yes, I wish I waited to crack them until before the signing began. I would wait to crack the Wolverine #1.

Kirkman and Moore shouldn't be a problem on the Walking Dead 1. You may want to go through the Paradise Comics Hero Initiative signing to guarantee a Quesada signature on the NYX 3. Go to the CGC booth on the 1st day of the show regardless, they can help you with that. Expect to pay a $5 fee to get Tony Moore on your Walking Dead 1, and probably a $10 fee to HERO Initiative to get Quesada.

Wait a sec, Tony moore is going to be there too? I only noticed Kirkman was supposed to be there. I can get a double sig!

Also, another posted said give them to CGC first day. I can just drop them off to them, tell them what I want and they'll take care of the rest?

Wait a sec, Tony moore is going to be there too? I only noticed Kirkman was supposed to be there. I can get a double sig!

Also, another posted said give them to CGC first day. I can just drop them off to them, tell them what I want and they'll take care of the rest?

Very sound advice from everyone! Please drop them off the first day and we will take care of them over the course of the weekend.

As far as Miller goes...

If you get a chance to get an opportunity to get a book signed, just stop by the CGC booth and ask Joe or myself (Jon) for a witness and someone will come over and see the book signed. There is a great crew of witnesses at the show so any of them will be able to assist!

And yes, you will know in time with Miller to come over and get a witness to help!

See you then and look forward to meeting you!

JJ

Very sound advice from everyone! Please drop them off the first day and we will take care of them over the course of the weekend.

As far as Miller goes...

If you get a chance to get an opportunity to get a book signed, just stop by the CGC booth and ask Joe or myself (Jon) for a witness and someone will come over and see the book signed. There is a great crew of witnesses at the show so any of them will be able to assist!

And yes, you will know in time with Miller to come over and get a witness to help!

JJ

Awesome, that puts my mind at ease! Thank you.

Thanks for asking these questions, I had the same questions. So a $10 donation to the Hero Initiative guarantees a Quesada signature? That sounds like a fair deal to me.

Does anyone know the easiest way to get signatures from the WD cast? I'm thinking of getting my extra copy of #1 signed by Kirkman, Moore and the cast.

I don't think Rick (Andrew Lincoln) will be anywhere anytime soon, he was at SDCC this year and last year, but that was it... Some of the other cast members seem to be on the circuit a fair bit though, particularly the actors who play Glen, Shane, Andrea, and Carl. I think the hardest guys to get would be Rick (Lincoln), Dale (DeMunn) and Lori (Callies).

Thanks for asking these questions, I had the same questions. So a $10 donation to the Hero Initiative guarantees a Quesada signature? That sounds like a fair deal to me.

Does anyone know the easiest way to get signatures from the WD cast? I'm thinking of getting my extra copy of #1 signed by Kirkman, Moore and the cast.

Just a note that DWC will have a booth (2930 which is on the edge of Artist Alley) at the NYCC as well and will be available for drop off submissions. We will have a crew working the show. Stop by and say hi and look for a few surprise appearances at the DWC booth as well. (thumbs u

I don't think Rick (Andrew Lincoln) will be anywhere anytime soon, he was at SDCC this year and last year, but that was it... Some of the other cast members seem to be on the circuit a fair bit though, particularly the actors who play Glen, Shane, Andrea, and Carl. I think the hardest guys to get would be Rick (Lincoln), Dale (DeMunn) and Lori (Callies).

Personally I'd only want rick , andrea & glens sigs since they last the longest ;)

As far as Miller goes...

JJ

Awesome, that puts my mind at ease! Thank you.

No worries we're at your service Sean! (thumbs u