• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Read Invincible Compendium Volume 1

14 posts in this topic

OK, now I'm hooked! I enjoy Walking Dead slightly better, but still very entertaining stories from Kirkman.

$40 from Amazon so it's less than a dollar per issue!

That caught me up to issue 47. Is there a Compendium Volume 2 coming out anytime soon, or should I stop being a cheap ?

That caught me up to issue 47. Is there a Compendium Volume 2 coming out anytime soon,

Nope. It will be a few years as they are only at issue 82.

or should I stop being a cheap ?

Definitely stop being a cheap . You need to get caught up because the best of the series is still ahead of you.

If you like reading collections, the Hardcovers for this series are terrific. The are slightly over-sized so the art is a big bigger. They are the same size as the TWD, YtLM and Chew HCs so they all line up nicely on a shelf. Ottley keeps getting better and better as the series goes on and his current stuff is amazingly good.

OK, now I'm hooked! I enjoy Walking Dead slightly better, but still very entertaining stories from Kirkman.

$40 from Amazon so it's less than a dollar per issue!

That caught me up to issue 47. Is there a Compendium Volume 2 coming out anytime soon, or should I stop being a cheap ?

I've been waiting patiently for something like this. Thanks for the heads up. I've been dying to read this and kept collecting odd issues here and there and never in sequence. Now I can actually read the story straight through. I don't think I'll wait for the next volume so I may supplement the rest of the story with HCs. Sweet!

Thanks, Annihilus, for sucking me into this book. I've been hooked since. :headbang:

I feel like it has been treading water as of late. Loved the first 20-30 issues as well and then I felt it went downhills after that. I think it definitely caught fire again with Conquest but it has been a little lackluster as of late. I still have plenty of hope for this title though. pick up the trades and catch up!

OH I have enjoyed invincible all the way through same with twd ... Its true though not everyone seems to love invincible all the way through the story though they seem to like it in other latter parts as well ... Still say worth checking out to decide for your self ...

I'd say go with the omnibus though because they are nice & easy to get & have 1-3 out or ... 3 will be out soon ... who knows when the next Compendium will be out they seem take a while ...

OH I have enjoyed invincible all the way through same with twd ... Its true though not everyone seems to love invincible all the way through the story though they seem to like it in other latter parts as well ... Still say worth checking out to decide for your self ...

I'd say go with the omnibus though because they are nice & easy to get & have 1-3 out or ... 3 will be out soon ... who knows when the next Compendium will be out they seem take a while ...

Before I heard about the Compendium, I almost bought both Omnibus 1 and 2, but they're about $100 ea. That's pretty steep, which is what makes the alternative more appealing. That will leave more cash for buying the HCs or trades to continue reading. Really want to read this completely.

Before I heard about the Compendium, I almost bought both Omnibus 1 and 2, but they're about $100 ea. That's pretty steep, which is what makes the alternative more appealing. That will leave more cash for buying the HCs or trades to continue reading. Really want to read this completely.

Yikes! What is Omnibus?

Omnibus #1 seems to collect issues 1-25 and #2 collects issues 26-47(?). Just saw that #1 sells for $65 on amazon.com. Hmm, prices dropped on the first one, but the #2 is still about $100.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Invincible-Library-Vol/dp/1582407185/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317609661&sr=8-1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Invincible-Library-HC-2006-Image-2A-1ST-NM-/150660174356?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item23140bd214