• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my Flash Comics Wheaties Promo

8 posts in this topic

http://comicpics.ning.com/photo/flash-comics-wheaties-mini-1946?context=user

http://comicpics.ning.com/photo/flash-comics-wheaties-mini-1946-bp?context=user

This is a 1946 Wheaties Promo that was taped to the box in 4 spots, so all have the tape marks.

Pages are all excellent, W/OW color.

Please give my your impressions. and a pricing estimate if possible.

Thanks in advance.

A 3.0 seems pretty low for this comic, note that the tape is original from the distribution and is on all copies of this comic. Can you qualify your reasoning.

I am trying to learn grading!

An 8.0 would make it one of the highest graded, again please quantify if possible.

Metropoliscomics has a 6 that is worse and are asking $1385 with a discount to $1000.

Please others give me your comments.

Thanks.

A 3.0 seems pretty low for this comic, note that the tape is original from the distribution and is on all copies of this comic. Can you qualify your reasoning.

I am trying to learn grading!

An 8.0 would make it one of the highest graded, again please quantify if possible.

Metropoliscomics has a 6 that is worse and are asking $1385 with a discount to $1000.

Please others give me your comments.

Thanks.

The 8.0 Green would be a qualified grade - it would reflect the structure of the book and grade it as if the tape wasn't there. The 3.0 grade that was quoted is the blue label grade that would take into account the tape. There's a really good thread on green labels in the grading and restoration forum. You should go have a look at it.

And while you are in that forum, you might want to contact one of the restorers who hang around there about getting the tape removed. Even if it was there from day one it is doing harm to the paper in your book.

Good luck - I love giveaway comics. :)