• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, Which DC52 for You?

106 posts in this topic

Thought it might be interesting to start a thread to see who's buying what in the new DC52 Era.

I ended up with a number of books I would never have expected (All-Star Western and I, Vampire to name a couple), and let go of books I thought I'd love (Legion Lost, for example).

So, in the end, here's my list of 15 that survived (the number behind the book is the week it came out, week 1 to 4). They're listed in order of reading pleasure (highest first):

1 AM (1)

2 Swamp Thing (1)

3 Batman (3)

4 Batwoman (2)

5 Wonder Woman (3)

6 All-Star Western (4)

7 Frankenstein (2)

8 Blue Beetle (3)

9 I, Vampire (4)

10 Resurrection Man (2)

11 Captain Atom (3)

12 Action (1)

13 Justice League (0/1)

14 Justice League Dark (4)

15 Teen Titans (4)

I'm still back and forth on DC Universe Presents, and that one may still make it.

So, what about you - similar, couldn't be further apart? hm

I ordered:

Batman

Baman and Robin

Batwoman

Justice League Dark

All Star Western

Swamp Thing

Deathstroke

Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

I, Vampire

Resurrection Man

Just haven't read any of them yet!

The only one I pre-ordered is All-Star Western.

After hearing reviews (not finished listening to all the CGS episodes yet), here are the ones I will be pre-ordering / checking out:

Swamp Thing

Demon Knights

Batman

Catwoman

and probably a couple of others will be added to the list.

I ordered:

Batman

Baman and Robin

Batwoman

Justice League Dark

All Star Western

Swamp Thing

Deathstroke

Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

I, Vampire

Resurrection Man

Just haven't read any of them yet!

What a wonderful list, IMO. I can't speak for Batman and Robin or Deathstroke, but every other book on that list is one I read and really enjoyed - you must be psychic to have picked such good books out of the 52 - I didn't fair nearly as well to start...

Of the books I've read:

1. Animal Man

2. Batwoman

3. Resurrection Man

4. Suicide Squad

Batgirl, Firestorm, and the Flash are on my pull list, but I haven't had a chance to read them yet.

Really enjoyed your 1,2, and 3, and never read 4 so can't say.

Was terribly disappointed by The Flash, and decided to pass on Firestorm after mostly bad reviews. Hope you enjoy those more than I.

Zero for me too, and I tried all the bat books (except the winick garbage), all the supes books, swamp thing, animal man...a few others...

Was hoping to like something enough to keep reading, but nope.

Glad some are enjoying them.

In the interest of full disclosure I've always been a Marvel/Indy dude.

I have always been a Marvel dude myself, but I find myself lured to the dark side after this relaunch.

DC got what they wanted out of me.

As far as which titles I'm sticking with, I'm waiting until issue three to decide, I had to pre-order all mine so I'm already locked into issue three on all my books.

I think one issue isn't enough to really gauge it anyhow, at least for me.

I too am a mainly Marvel fanboy and had decided to use New 52 as a reason to drop the handful of DC monthlies I was pulling. These being Batman, Batman and Robin, GL, GL Corps and GL Emerald Warriors.

Out of mild curiosity, I decided to download a handful via the DC / Comixology iPad app.

I (Like most) found both Swamp Thing and Animal Man to be great reads and I'm tempted to continue with these in floppy format.

Batman, Batman and Robin, Batwoman and Batgirl.

These all confused the bejeezus out of me. I avoided Flashpoint completely and was under the impression every title was a complete reboot. They all appear to have the same history as standard DCU (Example - Killing Joke occured, Babs just "Got better", Bruce "Went away" and **Spoon** Grayson was Batty for a while...).

Grifter may well be the worst thing I've ever read (And believe me, I've read some rubbish in my time). I only picked it for nostalgic (Wildcats) reasons.

The only other book I chose was Supergirl. No idea why I chose it. I've always loathed Superman stories. It's the first ever Super-book I've enjoyed. Just not enough to pull it monthly.

See what made me try these new 52 was because I read Flashpoint and thought it was awesome until the last issue...when uh the flash runs real fast like forrest gump and then everything is ok. The batman knight of vengeance mini was AWESOME, sadly nothing in the new 52 even came close for me. If they made that a monthly with the same creative team I'd buy it.

Anyway, sorry to crowd the pull lists with yet another discussion :D

Of the books I've read:

1. Animal Man

2. Batwoman

3. Resurrection Man

4. Suicide Squad

Batgirl, Firestorm, and the Flash are on my pull list, but I haven't had a chance to read them yet.

Really enjoyed your 1,2, and 3, and never read 4 so can't say.

Was terribly disappointed by The Flash, and decided to pass on Firestorm after mostly bad reviews. Hope you enjoy those more than I.

Okay, finally read the others. I enjoyed Flash more than Batgirl or Firestorm, but I would still slot it below Suicide Squad. Now that the hype has died down, I'm not really a fan of the Barry Allen Flash after all. Wally, where are you?

Read, enjoyed and will continue with:

Animal Man

Swamp Thing

Batman

Batwoman

Wonder Woman

I, Vampire

Resurrection Man

Action

Justice League

Catwoman

Red Lanterns