• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, Which DC52 for You?

106 posts in this topic

I picked up and read Batman #2. In broad strokes, the writing is smart and strong, the art is pleasing to look at and I'm really enjoying the series.

There are occasional odd moments along the way where I'm not entirely sure what's happening on a page ... seems like the artist sometimes has trouble clarifying where characters and things are in relation to each other? ... but nothing I can't get past. It's fun to be reading Batbooks again.

I like too that some tough new villains are being introduced... much as I like the traditional rogues' gallery, it seems like a great way to freshen up the character and the series. Looking forward to #3.

OK, I waited for most of the #3's to come out to make any decisions. I still haven't dropped any books, but some are very very close to being dropped. I'll give those one more issue. Here is my breakdown out of the books I picked up:

Must Buy-

All-Star Western

Animal Man

Batman

Batwoman

Swamp Thing

Good Reads So Far-

Action Comics

Aquaman

Batgirl

Blue Beetle

DCU Presents

Flash

Frankenstein

Men Of War

Teen Titans

So-So, Sticking with It for Now-

Blackhawks

Firestorm

Legion Lost

LSH

Suicide Squad

Better Get Better Quick or it's Gone-

Grifter

Mister Terrific

Resurrection Man

Savage Hawkman

Static Shock

Dropped-

NONE yet

I gave JLA, Batman, Batgirl, and Catwoman a shot.

Hated JLA, wasn't in love with Batman. Batgirl is alright so far, but I love Catwoman, the pacing, art, and story in Catwoman is fantastic. I'm alright with her hyper sexuality, as that's how I've always perceived Catwoman to be.

I gave JLA, Batman, Batgirl, and Catwoman a shot.

Hated JLA, wasn't in love with Batman. Batgirl is alright so far, but I love Catwoman, the pacing, art, and story in Catwoman is fantastic. I'm alright with her hyper sexuality, as that's how I've always perceived Catwoman to be.

True that!

I read Batman #4 the other day... (no spoilers ahead, just general comments)

I've enjoyed this storyline a lot, but this was more of a filler issue, nothing really wrong with it and some nice touches along the way but it didn't advance the plot very far.

IMO, the first three issues did a fantastic job of setting up the mystery and building up suspense... I'm curious about next issue but am starting to worry that the payoff can't possibly live up to the setup. We shall see... hm

Well, it looks like the ax has fallen on the first of the New 52, but more titles are on their way:

Out - Men Of War, Mr. Terrific, O.M.A.C., Hawk and Dove, Blackhawks, Static Shock

New - Ravagers, Dial H for Hero, Worlds Finest (Power Girl & Huntress), Justice Society, Batman Incorporated, GI Combat (dealing w/Dinosaur Island) + Unknown Soldier & Haunted Tank

That list doesn't surprise me much, although I had heard OMAC was very good and finding it's grove the past few months.

I think when they announced Hawk and Dove everyone was wondering where the hell that idea came from, I know I was.