• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, Which DC52 for You?

106 posts in this topic

Does anyone truly understand how the new DC universes actually works? So I read over Swamp Thing and Alec Holland seems to be carrying on as he always has even mentioning that he turned into Swamp Thing 20 years ago. Superman on the other hand has only been around five years.

The Green Lanterns seem completely messed up as in the first Justice League issue Hal Jordan meets Batman five years ago but in the Green Lantern book Hal Jordan has simply continued his storyline from before Flashpoint. Are there supposed to be multiple Universes that were and were not changed by Flashpoint?

It is a mess...basically if your book was selling things go on without change, if not then its rebooted. If you are getting sued over the character then its almost unrecognizable like Superman.

Someone already pointed out Batwoman is carrying on from previous continuity and without that knowledge you don't know what is going on or who she is.

It makes zero sense to acknowledge 20 years of continuity in one book and have half the other books pretending the DCU is 5 years old, and then a few others starting at year 1.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that Justice League will match up with the main DC continuity after this story arc....

I havent really read any DC since the 80s but have jumped back on with JL, Batman, Tec, Action, Superman, Green Lantern , Flash, and lol Aquaman.

Yea ... but you're a Dr., Dr Carl. We're not all as smart as you are :baiting:

I was able to follow the story but it's quite evident that there's a lot more we could gain from the story and, also, I don't think I care about the ghost / revenant storyline interspeced (sp?) in there.

Well, I'll certainly give you that there are a lot of intersecting storylines, which I think really does add to the complexity:

Batman and Batman Inc

Relationship with dad and cousin

Dating police gal

sought after by government organization

ghost storyline (actually really like that one, maybe because I love the color and art around that story)

Still, it makes it interesting...

Perhaps there could be more pleasure in having read what came before, but sometimes I enjoy the challenge of figuring out the missing pieces - kinda nice to figure it out without all the comments "See issue 76 for details, true believer!" that I grew up with... lol

Yea ... but you're a Dr., Dr Carl. We're not all as smart as you are :baiting:

I was able to follow the story but it's quite evident that there's a lot more we could gain from the story and, also, I don't think I care about the ghost / revenant storyline interspeced (sp?) in there.

Plus, that ho was pailer than a mother!

Am I the only one slowly losing interest in DCnU - a lot of issue 2 letdown - like "I,Vampire", where I felt issue 2 was issue 1 all over again? And what's with the lousy backstory in All-Star Western, when the front story is so strong?

So my pull list dropped to 6 after #2's:

AM

Swamp Thing

Batwoman

Frankenstein

Blue Beetle

Wonder Woman

You too? (shrug)

So far I've read:

Detective Comics #1 - I wasn't liking it to begin with what with the Joker but the ending has actually piqued my interest so moving onto #2.

Dark Knight #1 - Finch carries on his fine work on Batman, this I will continue to read.

All-Star Western #1 - The best so far, I really enjoy the Victorian Gotham setting, I like Hex as a character and him chasing this Jack the Ripper style villain storyline is really interesting.

I, Vampire #1 - Had a very arty feel to it but there was something about it I just liked, will continue with this.

Justice League Dark #1 - Didn't like it, found it a tad boring, have cancelled it.