• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comments/grades on a few new books

7 posts in this topic

I get to read em a week later so these are "new" to me.

Supes #204 - Vague. Boring. Nothing happens. Art IMO was not on par with Batman #608-619. D

Ult 6 #7 - What a mess. Again nothing really happens. Disappointed. D

Batman #626 - Bad cover, average art. Maybe a C. But marginally better than the Azzarello/Risso [!@#%^&^] that preceded it.

DD: Father - Matt Murdock on the juice? Why is he all jack'd up? Decent. B-

4: Max title - Ugh. D

Hulk: new max issue - Good stuff, nice art, good dialog. A-

I agree on the Marvel Knights Hulk with G-man; it is interesting considering that Iron Man has been on the outs for me. I haven't enjoyed his regular title since a few years back...Jones had drawn out the past storyline on Hulk too long. Maybe this "team-up" style is the boost both characters need. and Deodato's art is always stunning, IMO. especially the women!

4: Max title - Ugh. D

Hulk: new max issue - Good stuff, nice art, good dialog. A-

those aren't max titles....those are marvel knights titles.

yes you are correct...my mistake.

Supes #204 - Vague. Boring. Nothing happens. Art IMO was not on par with Batman #608-619. D

Agree whole-heartedly. I'm starting to think Jim Lee does a better Batman/Gotham as opposed to Superman/Metropolis. I also enjoyed how the Hush storyline was building, but definitely not how it ended. The jury's still out on the Superman storyline.