• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-gold age era

16 posts in this topic

I've been collecting some pre-gold age issues, I suppose they be called Platinum Age? I'd be interested to see what others have.

I subbed a few already but they haven't made it into grading yet.

Bringing up Father #2, 1919

Bringingupfather2front.jpg

Adventures of Slim and Spud #1, 1924

AdventuresofSlimandSpud1Front.jpg

Not sure if these are considered comics or pulp magazines. Any suggestions on how I would submit these?

Secret Service # 1313 and #1316, circa 1924

SecretService1313Front.jpg

SecretService1316Front.jpg

Not sure if these are considered comics or pulp magazines. Any suggestions on how I would submit these?

Secret Service # 1313 and #1316, circa 1924

These would be considered Dime novels.

As for submitting, as magazine?

I would also be surprised if CGC can grade the Adventures of Slim and Spud #1. It looks like due to size, it wouldn't fit any of their slabs? Hopefully they can.

Welcome to the Boards. Don't hesitate to post more of that type of material. :thumbsup:

Thanks Boot. Great thread. This 1897 Yellow Kid page was drawn by George Luks when Outcault left and drew Yellow Kid for a rival newspaper. Luks did Yellow Kid for a few months until Outcault was lured back to Hearst. Luks was told to be as outrageous as possible to upstage Outcault.

NEWYELLOWKIDwequalization.jpg

Thanks Boot. Great thread. This 1897 Yellow Kid page was drawn by George Luks when Outcault left and drew Yellow Kid for a rival newspaper. Luks did Yellow Kid for a few months until Outcault was lured back to Hearst. Luks was told to be as outrageous as possible to upstage Outcault.

NEWYELLOWKIDwequalization.jpg

Luks went on to become a member of the Ashcan School of fine arts and today some of his paintings have sold for over a million dollars.