• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody 'splain this to me like I'm 5,....

47 posts in this topic

Very nice book. Great cover and interior art. Congrats to the buyer and seller. I would have probably preferred a lower grade 9.2 with OW/W pages which would be more affordable to me.

I don't have a CGC account, but using Heritage as a backdoor means to the census there's a grand total of 4 CGC 9.6 copies out there.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121120&lotNo=10169

It also went for $90 less than the last sale on GPA's records. I'm not surprised by this either.

...yeah, but you can't judge a book by only one previous sale,...first sale of a book in top grade always goes for stoopid money hence the $900.++ price on the first one,..but there are 4 books in census, and only a matter of time before a 9.8 comes along,...then it will drop down to about $300.00,...

Completely FALSE statement. I follow the high grade Adams market closely and I have one of the 9.6 397s. The one GPA sale you see is not the only sale of this book in 9.6 and the other sales have also been north of $900. I guarantee that this will not be a $300 book when a 9.8 inevitably shows up. Take a look at Tec 405 as an example. Prices have been steady in the $900 neighborhood even though there are now 4 9.8s. Neal Adams Bat books cannot be judged by the same standards as other late silver early bronze books in 9.6/9.8. The same dynamics just do not apply.

This book won't be selling for $300 in 9.6(assuming it's a nice 9.6 such as this one) unless the census jumps to 15-20 copies in 9.6 and 5+ in 9.8, which I don't see happening anytime soon.

should we start grilling this book? I see some defects in the photo that make me question the 9.6. Not trying to be a jerk but I get books graded too and this would be a 8.5 if i submitted....

In what Universe would this book be an 8.5?