• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO COMICON returns! Sunday, November 20/2011 with Don Kramer

75 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, Newbie here...(Oakville, ON resident)

I haven't been to a comic convention since I lived in Montreal and they used to have them at the Howard Johnson's on Cote de Liesse...over 20 years ago now...

At the conventions in Canada can you submit comics to be slabbed by CGC? So far the only way I know of is to send them directly to Florida. I have 20 - 30 books I would love to get graded. If there are submissions do they also do SS submissions? I feel at a distinct disadvantage with CGC by living in Canada...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

they come sometimes, not all the time.

They've come to Fan Expo/Hobbystar shows but they generally are tied to Wizard shows and so you may see them in March (or whenever the Wizard Toronto show is next year).

Hi Guys, Newbie here...(Oakville, ON resident)

I haven't been to a comic convention since I lived in Montreal and they used to have them at the Howard Johnson's on Cote de Liesse...over 20 years ago now...

At the conventions in Canada can you submit comics to be slabbed by CGC? So far the only way I know of is to send them directly to Florida. I have 20 - 30 books I would love to get graded. If there are submissions do they also do SS submissions? I feel at a distinct disadvantage with CGC by living in Canada...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi and welcome. I live in the GTA and other than the odd Toronto show that I have seen them at, there are some local dealers that can submit to CGC for you. I will send you a PM with some info.

I started that thread - which quickly spiraled out of control.

She didn't make it to the show on Sunday, but I believe that she has been at the bigger Toronto shows. Then again, maybe her photos just made an indelible impression on me, and she's actually never been to a Toronto con.

As I mentioned before, she's from Quebec. She usually comes to the larger cons as part of "The Heroes of the North" webcomics series and spends at least one day as her character "Hornet" . She'll probably be at the Montreal minicon on December 4.