• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade my Batman #232

30 posts in this topic

.25 to $5.00 depending on the auction. Since you bid on such high end stuff, I would recommend the service you have. Typically, I bid on stuff thast's less than $100.

I bid on high and low end stuff. I get all of my back issues on ebay, including stuff I've missed from the last few months and reader copies of books I read as a kid, but that I don't necessarily need in high grade. But I do like the idea of the flat fee from Merlin's Auctionmagic, as I've already saved more than the software cost me and there are no additional fees.

This one is tougher to grade than others posted on the Forum. Key parts: " Hung on wall, pencil writing". The significance of "hung on the wall": oxidization kills cover gloss and "fades" any comic. If only a couple of days, you can get away with it. Any real lenght of time on the "wall", it will fade badly. I rarely buy a comic I see on a wall at a LCS. Why the LCS's still do this is beyond me. And the differences of a wall copy vs. bagged and boarded and STORED copy a child could grade the difference.

Yes, pencil markings DO knock a comic down.

Miswrap is not as bad as other comics I seen.

VG 3.5.

CAL

This one is tougher to grade than others posted on the Forum. Key parts: " Hung on wall, pencil writing". The significance of "hung on the wall": oxidization kills cover gloss and "fades" any comic. If only a couple of days, you can get away with it. Any real lenght of time on the "wall", it will fade badly. I rarely buy a comic I see on a wall at a LCS. Why the LCS's still do this is beyond me. And the differences of a wall copy vs. bagged and boarded and STORED copy a child could grade the difference.

Yes, pencil markings DO knock a comic down.

Miswrap is not as bad as other comics I seen.

VG 3.5.

CAL

It wasn't really hung on the wall....it was bag and boarded on a shelf attached to the wall. It was also in no posstion where the sun would hit it and the guy who runs the store doesnt keep the lights on so often because it is only open 3 days a week for only a couple hours during those days. The cover still has a gloss to it.

Thanks for your help smile.gif

The back cover has a real "tanned" look - yet back covers are never faced on a "wall" or "shelf". I have no copies like this comic( or any other DC comics for the matter of speaking) to compare it with, and have no memory of said comic here. But at least you got a good deal on the comic book, and that is the bottom line. At least the man was nice about is and both parties came away with something here.

CAL hi.gif

The back cover has a real "tanned" look - yet back covers are never faced on a "wall" or "shelf". I have no copies like this comic( or any other DC comics for the matter of speaking) to compare it with, and have no memory of said comic here. But at least you got a good deal on the comic book, and that is the bottom line. At least the man was nice about is and both parties came away with something here.

CAL hi.gif

27_laughing.gif people keep giving it different grades I've heard on here anywhere from 3.5 to 5.0

Maybe just for the heck of it I'll get it graded and post what they grade it here. The only bad thing about that is it will cost more to grade it than I paid for it.....but I have a feeling this comic will go up in value by 2005 once movie audiances are introduced to this awesome villain. I have a feeling #189 will go up as well being it being the scarecrows first apperance. I've been looking for an affordable copy of that for a while. I must not be looking that well smile.gif

27_laughing.gif I just looked at what milehigh charages for batman 232's in and around the condition for my comic.....lol if I go by milehigh I got it at a steal at $25.00!!!

lol see what I mean about people over pricing key issues. smile.gif

Here's Mile High's prices when this issue is in stock:

Fair:($20.00)

Good:($40.00)

Very Good:($59.00)

Fine:($98.00)

Very Fine:($182.00)

Near Mint:($280.00)

gossip.gif

Mile High always charged more than most everyone else. This is not a slam against them as I always got what I paid for with Mile High and like them just as much as the other dealers I buy from. Every now and then I still get stuff from them.

Dealers charge what they think they will EVENTUALLY get for them - then after a while, if the comic does not move, the "reduced price" deals filter through. The comics, the good marketable ones, will eventually move.

CAL hi.gif

I would love to buy some of you guys vg's, just to see! I think it would be quite interesting to see if you grade your own comics slightly higher than everyone else's, lol. juggle.gif

Are you saying you think my comic is higher than a VG?