• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade my Batman #232

30 posts in this topic

I found a new place to get comics in town, it's a small store but it had a very nice inventory of old comics. I saw this comic on the wall. I had been looking for this issue for a while. Seeing it right in front of me I knew I had to have it. He told me it was in fine condition and I was able to talk him down from $50 to $25. I think I got a good deal, and I most definitely will go back to this gentlemen's store. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Anyway I'm not the best at grading things. I think he was right about the grade he gave it, but I just want to hear your opinion on what you'd think the grade would be. Either way I definitely got a great deal buying this for 25 bucks. I figure this comic is bound to go up in price because of Ra's Al Ghul's appearance in the new BatMan movie. Thanks in advance for your grading opinions. thumbsup2.gif

bb232f.jpg

bb232b.jpg

I just noticed that there is pencil writing on the inner front cover someone wrote a note to someone on it. Stupid people writing on comics!!!! grrrr. 893frustrated.gif

I suppose that brings down the grade huh?

What grade am I looking at now with this new information? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'd say VGF 5.0

But the QP guys are gonna scream! smirk.gif

Who are the QP guys?

People who hate books that are off-center. gossip.gif

Do you all think i got a good deal on this book though? 25 bucks is the fair market value, that is if the VG+/F- is the correct grade

...See the way I see it other stores usualy hike up a books prices...espechially when it is key issue. So fair market value isnt something to sneeze at.

I have a feeling come 2005 when the movie comes out, that my comic even in it's current condition will rise in value.

I'm pretty excited about owning this book, I can't wait to read it......very carefully smile.gif

With that huge crease on the right edge and the right edge chip, I couldn't go any higher than VG- 3.5 or MAYBE VG 4.0 if the rest of the book looks really good, lies flat, and retains a lot of gloss. The dealer who sold it to you overgraded it if he gave it a FN 6.0.

Having said that, if you look at the recent completed auctions on Ebay, you'll see that this book tends to sell in the $35-50 range in this grade so you got a pretty good deal. Don't believe me? Sell it and find out! At any rate, if it was a book you wanted and you were willing to pay $25 for it, who cares what the "fair market value" of the book is?

With that huge crease on the right edge and the right edge chip, I couldn't go any higher than VG- 3.5 or MAYBE VG 4.0 if the rest of the book looks really good, lies flat, and retains a lot of gloss. The dealer who sold it to you overgraded it if he gave it a FN 6.0.

Having said that, if you look at the recent completed auctions on Ebay, you'll see that this book tends to sell in the $35-50 range in this grade so you got a pretty good deal. Don't believe me? Sell it and find out! At any rate, if it was a book you wanted and you were willing to pay $25 for it, who cares what the "fair market value" of the book is?

Yea I'm just happy to own it. I've bidded on this book in several different grades many different times and always lost. I couldn't find a copy at MegaCon, and I also have pretty crappy comic stores in my area....or so I thought till today. Sometimes I just get jeallous when I see some of the high grade beauties some of you folks post. Some day I hope I can afford to upgrade my silver and bronze age comics, but untill then I am really enjoying my low/mid grade bronze/silver collection. I am quite happy to have this book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yea I'm just happy to own it. I've bidded on this book in several different grades many different times and always lost. I couldn't find a copy at MegaCon, and I also have pretty crappy comic stores in my area....or so I thought till today. Sometimes I just get jeallous when I see some of the high grade beauties some of you folks post. Some day I hope I can afford to upgrade my silver and bronze age comics, but untill then I am really enjoying my low/mid grade bronze/silver collection. I am quite happy to have this book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

You have got to learn to snipe if you want to win books on ebay, my brother. Bidding wars will only make you frustrated while the sniper walks away with the book.

You have got to learn to snipe if you want to win books on ebay, my brother. Bidding wars will only make you frustrated while the sniper walks away with the book.

Thanks for the advice, my brother. I shall take it to heart. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the advice, my brother. I shall take it to heart. thumbsup2.gif

Do a google search for Merlin Software's AuctionMagic (all one word). Rob_react recommended it to me and it works great. It's cheap (free shareware for 15 days, then something like 15 bucks to buy the software if you want to continue using it), and what's better, it'll pay for itself after you win an auction or two with it.