• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales thread thank you

6 posts in this topic

I do not normally open threads but wanted to send a big thanks to the sellers in sales threads that take the time to do the following:

- close a thread promptly when all items have been sold so buyers are not wasting time when the books are long gone;

- update on page one what has been sold and/or updated pricing so I do not have to dig through 5+ pages to find out the book(s) sold and I am now sifting through pages of gratuitous comments but the books I was interested in are no longer for sale;

- end a sales thread when all books are sold in the title and then open a new thread if books are added rather than have a never ending thread that keeps adding books but a buyer has no idea what has been added;

I am sure there are other areas of thanks if anyone wants to add their 2c. Trying to keep this positive rather than take the negative approach and beetch about what sellers are not doing.

Ed R

I do not normally open threads but wanted to send a big thanks to the sellers in sales threads that take the time to do the following:

- close a thread promptly when all items have been sold so buyers are not wasting time when the books are long gone;

- update on page one what has been sold and/or updated pricing so I do not have to dig through 5+ pages to find out the book(s) sold and I am now sifting through pages of gratuitous comments but the books I was interested in are no longer for sale;

You cant edit a post after a few days of its creation, so if a thread goes a few days some of what you ask is not possible

You cant edit a post after a few days of its creation, so if a thread goes a few days some of what you ask is not possible

Many of the recent examples I see are sold within hours and then nothing is updated which would save futile searches for sought after books, but I appreciate the perspective (as I was not aware of the editing limitations). (thumbs u

Ed R

- end a sales thread when all books are sold in the title and then open a new thread if books are added rather than have a never ending thread that keeps adding books but a buyer has no idea what has been added;

I am sure there are other areas of thanks if anyone wants to add their 2c. Trying to keep this positive rather than take the negative approach and beetch about what sellers are not doing.

Ed R

Amen Ed. (thumbs u

If I can't tell what the prices are and what is still available on the first or last couple of pages, I'm done. I always avoid the never ending threads. It's not worth my time to dig through them for a gem that may or may not exist.

Ed R

Amen Ed. (thumbs u

If I can't tell what the prices are and what is still available on the first or last couple of pages, I'm done. I always avoid the never ending threads. It's not worth my time to dig through them for a gem that may or may not exist.

Less competition then...sweet!

:devil:

On the keeping it positive note, I want to thank the sellers that allow me to enjoy a brief chat and keep the threads light and entertaining before raiding my paypal account :eek:

I love the connections that can be formed here compared to eBay/Auction houses where more impersonal transactions are the norm.