• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long does it take to get a book from Comiclink?

12 posts in this topic

I placed a buy order for a book on 9/5/2011. I finally got charged for it on 9/28/2011. So the money has been out of my account for 17 days as of today. Still no book. Is this the norm? If so, I think I might have made my last comiclink purchase.

I placed a buy order for a book on 9/5/2011. I finally got charged for it on 9/28/2011. So the money has been out of my account for 17 days as of today. Still no book. Is this the norm? If so, I think I might have made my last comiclink purchase.

Many of CLs books are listed as consignments and after you purchase them, CL notifies the owner to sent it to them. They have no control over how quickly the book is sent, nor how it is sent. Once it is in hand, the turnaround is usually fairly quick.

If it was an auction item you'll get you books within two weeks if you pay right away,

They may be a bit behind to the Jewish Holy Days.

Just a standard item purchased through their site. Not an auction. Just wondering. I buy things from ebay. I get them fast. I bought from heritage on the same day and I got my comic two weeks later. Deals here on the boards have been handled fast. This is the only exception.

Just a standard item purchased through their site. Not an auction. Just wondering. I buy things from ebay. I get them fast. I bought from heritage on the same day and I got my comic two weeks later. Deals here on the boards have been handled fast. This is the only exception.

Things do happen, so maybe something came up. I'm sure this doesn't happen too often.

Heritage has the books on hand. The likely delay in the billing with ComicLink was them waiting for the book to arrive from the owner to be repacked and shipped to you.

After 17 days, there may be an error (they do happen). Don't bother with an e-mail to them, but you may want to call and check the status.

Like people have said, they have to wait for the book to get shipped to them, then make sure the payment clears, then they ship by whatever method you choose.

If you do a purchase that coincides with the end of an auction then, well, that's like seeing an flight from Russia ahead of you in the immigration hall in 1979; it's gonna take awhile, they have thousands of books to process.

A phone call works best, but not always.

The first couple of times, it only took 2 days after I paid before my books were at my doorstep. This time around, it took about 2-3 weeks, which I thought was odd considering how quick it was before. They're only about a couple of hours from where I live so there's not a lot of distance to cover.

I'm up in Canada and find their shipping service to be excellent. Typically within 24 hrs after I pay I get an email notification with FedEx tracking number, then less than a week later it arrives. Very good service considering it has to cross the border.

And they mark less value then HA does so duty does not hurt as much either :banana: