• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2011 - THE GREATEST OF SHOWS

246 posts in this topic

I would like to thank Mike (Mr. Mylar) for making this one possible.

Gerald Parel completed this one before the con

I love doom's face and chest plate, sweet detail.

I should have got another one from him.

I think he did some good pieces during the con as well.

IMG_1732.jpg

For this one I give a major Thank you shout out to Chris ( SecretSon)

the Legend Joe Sinnott

Another excellent Inker in the business who can also delight us with a pencil.

I had a blast listening to him talk to a friend about encounters in the past he had with Stan Lee and Joe Simon.

Dr. Doom Headshot-- I have been waiting a long time to meet Joe at a con and this is a dream come true.

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

and I forgot to post this pic of Bob Mcleod.

IMG_1739.jpg

it is time to go to sleep.

I will post some more covers soon.

I might also add great pick ups on the D. Finch Grimm Fairy Tales, Simonson's Thor with Hammer and Clay Mann 's Deadpool.

by the way my favorites of you haul are those Brad Walkers ,

the Thor and Thanos pieces are straight Wicked

congrats :headbang:

In New York, it is not a crime for women to be topless outdoors. Which led to greater crowds than usual outside the convention centre, when certain cosplayers took advantage of this bylaw and wore less costumes than usual. No, I don’t have photos although I believe one was The Topless Paparazzo.

...from bleedingcool.com ....lol

the Legend Joe Sinnott

I had a blast listening to him talk to a friend about encounters in the past he had with Stan Lee and Joe Simon.

Dr. Doom Headshot-- I have been waiting a long time to meet Joe at a con and this is a dream come true

Happy to help Chew. Joe could still knock out a killer sketch.

the Legend Joe Sinnott

Dr. Doom Headshot-- I have been waiting a long time to meet Joe at a con and this is a dream come true.

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

and I forgot to post this pic of Bob Mcleod.

http://i829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/C-raider1/

it is time to go to sleep.

I will post some more covers soon.

Way to go chew nice score!

:sick: There was no missing the topless woman outside the con. She was outside all day, and I mean the entire day on Sunday. She was so bad Adonis didn't want to take a picture of her. Can't say I blame him.

Not only that, but my camera doesn't do ugly. I think she would of shattered the lenz.

Good pointing her out though!! lol lol

On a side note:

Although the crowd was tough, and the lines were long, I think this show brought all of us together as a family again. There wasn't a single hint of jelousy towards one another.

It made me realize that this board can really be a tight knit network of friends. And I promise to give everyone a fair chance with any future opps that I may or may not have planned ;) Just like that famous song, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

Great, insane, overwelming.. I am sure everyone can come up with words to discribe the NYCC. The only thing I can really say is HOLY SMOKES was that a unbelievable show. We had 3 CAWS working and that wasn't enough for us. Too many people to see and not enough time to see them all. It was great seeing some of the boardies at the show. Sharing lines and laughs seem to be the best way to handle the stress that some if not all of us were feeling. I think I can say with sincere thoughts that everyone at CGC and DWC worked their tails off to get books signed. And what little time there was for sleep was taken when we could as seen in the following photos.

2qns29v.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

JJ was actually using the wall to hold him up while he was taking a quick cat nap with his eyes open. But when I walked past him I could hear him snoring away. lol

Now on a personal note I would like to personally thank the following people who were at the show.

Tonia, Ronnie and Gemma for running around and getting the sigs and working the DWC booth. Major Kudos goes out to these three. Thank You! Thank You!

Joe and his crew of mighty CAWS for working with us and sharing info and braving the lines and crowds with us. Joe had his hands full and did a fantastic job. Thanks Joe and thanks guys,

Paul for showing up and offering the support he did. Thank you Paul.

Shawn, Bree and Nicole for helping out when they did and just being themselves. Thanks.

Thanks to all of the great creators that we worked with this past week. Joe Sinnott for coming out and visiting the DWC booth on Friday. He was great signing and sketching for everyone. Thanks to John Romita, Carmine Infantino, Joe Simon and Dick Ayers who we visited with yesterday and signed a ton of books for their fans. And of course Stan "The Man" Lee who had a great Meet & Greet session with 12 lucky fans on Saturday morning as well as signed a boat load of stuff on Saturday afternoon.

And last but certainly not least, the glue that holds the DWC booth together, Sharon, who kept the books and CAWs running everywhere getting signed and oversaw everything that went on in the booth. Without her DWC would not be what it is today. Thanks to everyone and we look forward to seeing everyone back in NY next year.

:sick: There was no missing the topless woman outside the con. She was outside all day, and I mean the entire day on Sunday. She was so bad Adonis didn't want to take a picture of her. Can't say I blame him.

Not only that, but my camera doesn't do ugly.

I hate to say it, but mine does .

at this time I would like to share this work of art with all my fellow boardmembers

Enjoy the Tick and ( I forgot his sidekicks name)

IMG_1754.jpg

:):D:cry::sick:

at this time I would like to share this work of art with all my fellow boardmembers

IMG_1754.jpg

I think his sidekicks name is Arthur.

IMG_1754.jpg

I think his sidekicks name is Arthur.

It is Arthur.

please dont tell me this is the lady you guys are talking about. i have seen her several times, this was from the summer.

nyc.jpg