• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you grade. . .

6 posts in this topic

How would you grade a comic that was a 9.2, but (because another mylar was mistakenly inserted into the open top mylar holding the book) has a jagged tear down the spine side of the cover.

The cover is almost entirely off, only held in place in a few places. The first fives pages are also sliced down the side and torn down the middle. The rest of the book is in pristine condition.

Am I correct that this is now the nicest presenting 1.0 ever?

How would you grade a comic that was a 9.2, but (because another mylar was mistakenly inserted into the open top mylar holding the book) has a jagged tear down the spine side of the cover.

I hate those open-top mylar things.

+1 you have no idea how heartbreaking this one was :censored:

I feel your pain - I had something like that happen, though not nearly as bad - but turned an easy raw 9.4 book of value into an 8.0 ( as per CGC, once I had it graded), when I put a small tear in the top doing something similar.