• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "new wave" of variant/special covers...

12 posts in this topic

To everyone

It seems DC and Marvel (from a far distance) that the variant/hot covers season is at it's peak, but i sense that at this time there's still a relative good sense on this merchandising movements (there isn't a variant for each comic published as in the 90's)...

So, which comic is it possible to hold a possible long therm intereste for fans and speculators alike? Apart the Batman 608 PPR of course, 27_laughing.gif.

I would try a "shy bet" to the commemorative edition of Secret War nº1, i've been looking for it around here in the major comicstores and didn't saw it...and it seems Dellotto has been appealing in a big way to the fans community...

What do you think?!

A lot it seems...i didn't saw it around here.

It seems it was only shipped to retailers that topped the retail orders of UFF nº1...which were incredibly high. crazy.gif

You've saw them around your LCS?!

How rare is the variant Secret War?

Rare is definitely not the word to be using when it comes to this book. I thought the definition of rare was less then 20 known copies in existence. Based on this definition, it's not even close to being rare in my LCS since I saw over 50 copies on the shelf today.

Rare it is. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

yes...my LCS is owned by the same guys that run Donut's LCS and also run a chain around the northern VA area...I'm sure they were in each store and yes about 15 copies on the rack and plenty more in the longbox of overstock they didn't put out foreheadslap.gif

...the truly rare edition is the original black one,...in CGC 9.8....if you really want one I might be able to part with my copy.....

...the truly rare edition is the original black one

how is that possbile?! wasn't this commemorative edition only avaiable to the dealers who topped the UFF nº1 orders?! Any numbers of the copies avaiable?

Strange that around here i didn't saw one of them...

...the truly rare edition is the original black one

how is that possbile?! wasn't this commemorative edition only avaiable to the dealers who topped the UFF nº1 orders?! Any numbers of the copies avaiable?

Strange that around here i didn't saw one of them...

Yeah, I also thought that orders of the reprint were limited to a percentage of orders for #2, or some other book, or SOME weird formula like that.

I thought the definition of rare was less then 20 known copies in existence.

I think that's just Overstreet's definition...not that there's been a comic published in the last 30 years or so that I'd consider even close to rare (although I do own the ONLY known copy of Man-Thing vol. 2 #4 with parakeet droppings on page 14)

Manufactured collectibles...gotta love 'em! (There's not a rule about using the phrase "manufactured collectible" on CGC's message board is there?) 893naughty-thumb.gif