• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Selling Rule #1

1,007 posts in this topic

I can't wait till one day I find a 30000 book. Just a book of that value would give me so much freedom.

All my school loans, charges, everything would be wiped away.

And I'd even have $ left for nachos.

:cloud9:

+1

Cheetah,

I was very impressed with your response to the guy whose book was lost. Way to take the high road. :applause:

More people around here need to be as level headed as you.

The high road in this instance takes seven months to complete... Quite a journey. hm

Better late than Never...

Cheetah,

I was very impressed with your response to the guy whose book was lost. Way to take the high road. :applause:

More people around here need to be as level headed as you.

The high road in this instance takes seven months to complete... Quite a journey. hm

You're not supposed to mention that....

Doug Schmell of Pedigreecomics.com sees my customer, comes over and hands him and I a sale sheet of books he has for sale.

This is while I am speaking to my customer giving him prices.

My customer looks at the list and tells Doug the only book he would be interested in would be the Strange Tales #105 9.4.

Doug then reaches into his briefcase and places the book on top of my boxes for my customer to check out.

If it had happened at my booth that Strange Tales 105 would have been thrown out in the aisle.

I would love to see that. lol

Doug Schmell of Pedigreecomics.com sees my customer, comes over and hands him and I a sale sheet of books he has for sale.

My customer looks at the list and tells Doug the only book he would be interested in would be the Strange Tales #105 9.4.

Doug then reaches into his briefcase and places the book on top of my boxes for my customer to check out.

If it had happened at my booth that Strange Tales 105 would have been thrown out in the aisle.

And Richard wouldn't have sailed it either. He would have spiked it.

I'm picturing skipping it as if on a body of water. (:

9.8.......9.6...9.4.............9.2.........9.0.....8.5.....8.0...............6.5....ooooh good one.

9.8.......9.6...9.4.............9.2.........9.0.....8.5.....8.0...............6.5....ooooh good one.

lol

If he could get it to the escalator I bet it's a .5 by the time it reaches the bottom.

lol

If he could get it to the escalator I bet it's a .5 by the time it reaches the bottom.

The escalator would put it on an infinite degradation loop. :cloud9:

well, i guess if some folk want to do business with whomever, regardless, that's their call.

just remember to hold your tongue when you're the one getting *%^&*ed over. in this scenario, you're the toad and that scorpion on your back is going to do what scorpions do, eventually

Which of Dougs actions have ever given you the impression he gives a about rules, social compacts or anything but himself? The first time I met him, I was having a conversation with Mark Zaid when he came up and said" Hey, Mark, come over here and check this out" or words to that effect.

Did I abandon you? Hope not! :hi:

well, i guess if some folk want to do business with whomever, regardless, that's their call.

just remember to hold your tongue when you're the one getting *%^&*ed over. in this scenario, you're the toad and that scorpion on your back is going to do what scorpions do, eventually

Play bad 80's metal music...?

After consulting with my attorney it was recommended that I not punch people in the face.

However I was given a pretty funny response by another good dealer friend.

He said if Doug had put down the book at his booth on top of his boxes he would have picked it up and thrown it in the aisle.

I said I wish I would have thought of that.

The picture of Doug's face as the book went sailing into the aisle would have been priceless :devil:

Eh, he would've just gotten Matt to press it back up anyways. Hell, he probably would've gotten a higher grade from CGC after resubmitting it.

The Scorpions were always a guilty pleasure of mine

I don't know why you should feel guilty....,

You do have to remember that they're a bunch of Krauts singing in English because German sounds so......, :sick: