• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Detriot Fanfare Sketch Cover Thread!!!

33 posts in this topic

Campbell was at The New York Comic Con on Friday and Saturday. He took a sketch list of seven on Friday morning but was not able to sketch all day so the plan was to finish off the commissions back at the hotel.

Well, on Friday night he forgot his tools at the table and was not able to do any of the commissions at the hotel. He did not take any more commissions on Saturday and hoped to work on the seven listed.

Only one sketch cover was finished.

Thanks to Fred for the blankety blank and BK for his patience picking up the book late Saturday after the shows "official close". Hey, at least you got to see his smash my 9.8 to a 3.0 live in person!

It took me three years chasing Campbell down for a commission and finally may I present, April O'Neil....(not the p0rnstar)

IMG_4305.jpg

Pretty cool! I've always considered asking him for an April O'Neil sketch, but could never decide on which version to get. She looks so different depending on whether you're looking at live action movie, 3-d movie, comics, old cartoon, or newer cartoon. Next year, there will be another cartoon, so I'm expecting April to look different once more.

It looks like you went with the original cartoon version, correct? Very nice! I think he nailed the hairstyle.

Adam, I kinda let him ride with it. I think Mayor is correct! lol

Campbell said he never drew her before, though he knows her character but when he googled April O'Neil, lots of hits came up for the p0rnstar.

I am kinda out of the loop on sketch covers these days, this was my one and only commission at the show.

hmm, wonder how this will look colored?

Glen,

Great sketch! Congrats on getting it! That was not done by 6pm on Sat. FYI. You are very fortunate!

Best,

Sean

thanks Sean, yeah it was well past 7pm when it was finally finished. BK stayed and watched him beat up my book.