• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Today is the day.

97 posts in this topic

We reserve the write to rain down enough negative energy to shift the polarity of the planet on anyone who's signed up in the last year and believes they've achieved appropriate station to raise their head out of their newbrific hole and judge people who aren't still mystified by the "flashing envelope" and remember Red Hook.

Carry on. (thumbs u

Call the GP! :o

I think you misread the post...check it again. ;)

We reserve the write to rain down enough negative energy to shift the polarity of the planet on anyone who's signed up in the last year and believes they've achieved appropriate station to raise their head out of their newbrific hole and judge people who aren't still mystified by the "flashing envelope" and remember Red Hook.

Carry on. (thumbs u

I :roflmao: because it's funny.

I :sorry: because I suck.

Pat, Before this thread swings too much off topic. Good luck and I hope it makes the hobby more enjoyable. I'm pretty much live under the idea its great to know the politics of the hobby, but to stay out of it as much as possible. Its a helluva lot more fun.

Nice post, but as I read it I was worried you were leaving the hobby.

Glad to hear that isn't the case.

While there is no need to abstain from speaking your mind now and then, I have found this place much more enjoyable, and myself much more productive when I steer clear of threads that I know will only raise my blood pressure, and burn up my keyboard.

Best of luck you to you Pat.

After my confrontation with Restoman yesterday I came to a conclusion. I don't need the krap in my life. I love comics, but see what my future is going to be by looking at some of my mentors who have all but left the hobby or collecting. As much as I loved my time with the NOD, and the seriously high hopes I had for the CBCA when the handful of us created it. I know I have to move on. I don't have the interest in the debates, I don't feel like carrying this weight and anger anymore.

I know how to find shills in auctions, I know who to deal with and not deal with. I know which guys are honest and worth giving my very hard earned money. So after the pressing wars, the NOD thread, the shill or no shill threads I say eff it. I want to do nothing other than enjoy this hobby, and need to do it without losing myself in the BS. So I know what to do.

I will no longer bash Metro, I may rib them every once in awhile.

I will no longer bash WorldWide Comics. I would however love an explanation as to why they never formally responded to the shill threads.

And I will let up on Matt Nelson. He likely did not directly know what was going on, and there is no reason to make this personal. If he did actually do the shilling, then I just look like an a-hole. But I doubt he was.

So that is it. I start a clean slate. Except the obvious Schmell, Robojojo, Rocknrollcomics 007.

So that is it. I am starting over, and wish to go back to just enjoying the hobby again.

Pat-

Pat,

You are one of my favorite people. Life is short and family takes precedence. Negative energy is exhausting, so I am with you. Picking your battles and finding the funny in everything will help you get past the debbie downers in the hobby.

Save your energy, pick your battles and try to enjoy you kids when they are young.

Best,

Chris

Chris,

YOU are one of MY favorite people.

And I have like 4 of them on this board.

So...there's that.

Love,

RMA

That's a very nice thing to say. I really do appreciate it.

I have to say you are the only person I know that's been able to change my mind when I was positive that it was set. So I make sure to read every post you make. It's as close as I get to learning something on this fakakta board.

hugs and sugar kisses....

Mario.

Creepy bromance.

Did you miss Pat's caveat??

Although we are trying to be positive and see the good in the forum and forumites...there's a pretty important exception.

We reserve the right to write posts sufficiently powerful to rain down enough negative energy to shift the polarity of the planet on anyone who's signed up in the last year and believes they've achieved appropriate station to raise their head out of their newbrific hole and judge people who aren't still mystified by the "flashing envelope" and remember Red Hook.

Carry on. (thumbs u

(thumbs u

After my confrontation with Restoman yesterday I came to a conclusion. I don't need the krap in my life. I love comics, but see what my future is going to be by looking at some of my mentors who have all but left the hobby or collecting. As much as I loved my time with the NOD, and the seriously high hopes I had for the CBCA when the handful of us created it. I know I have to move on. I don't have the interest in the debates, I don't feel like carrying this weight and anger anymore.

I know how to find shills in auctions, I know who to deal with and not deal with. I know which guys are honest and worth giving my very hard earned money. So after the pressing wars, the NOD thread, the shill or no shill threads I say eff it. I want to do nothing other than enjoy this hobby, and need to do it without losing myself in the BS. So I know what to do.

I will no longer bash WorldWide Comics. I would however love an explanation as to why they never formally responded to the shill threads.

And I will let up on Matt Nelson. He likely did not directly know what was going on, and there is no reason to make this personal. If he did actually do the shilling, then I just look like an a-hole. But I doubt he was.

So that is it. I start a clean slate. Except the obvious Schmell, Robojojo, Rocknrollcomics 007.

So that is it. I am starting over, and wish to go back to just enjoying the hobby again.

Pat-

Pat,

You are one of my favorite people. Life is short and family takes precedence. Negative energy is exhausting, so I am with you. Picking your battles and finding the funny in everything will help you get past the debbie downers in the hobby.

Save your energy, pick your battles and try to enjoy you kids when they are young.

Best,

Chris

Chris,

So...there's that.

Love,

RMA

I have to say you are the only person I know that's been able to change my mind when I was positive that it was set. So I make sure to read every post you make. It's as close as I get to learning something on this fakakta board.

Mario.

Creepy bromance.

Although we are trying to be positive and see the good in the forum and forumites...there's a pretty important exception.

We reserve the right to write posts sufficiently powerful to rain down enough negative energy to shift the polarity of the planet on anyone who's signed up in the last year and believes they've achieved appropriate station to raise their head out of their newbrific hole and judge people who aren't still mystified by the "flashing envelope" and remember Red Hook.

Carry on. (thumbs u

You replied to my post.....I have arrived!

:whee:

(thumbs u

While there is no need to abstain from speaking your mind now and then, I have found this place much more enjoyable, and myself much more productive when I steer clear of threads that I know will only raise my blood pressure, and burn up my keyboard.

Im going nowhere Kenny! :acclaim:

Im going nowhere Kenny! :acclaim:
Who else would have you anyway? I like it when you get all riled up. :baiting:

Damn it.

That would have been a LOT funnier if I'd started it out "Luigi,"

Drat.

I forgive you Mario.

But...I'm not Italian.

You have to go with "Klaus" or "Winston" or....shoot, what's a stereotypical Portuguese name...?

hm

PETER!!

Pat-

Pat,

Best,

Chris

Chris,

So...there's that.

Love,

RMA

Mario.

Creepy bromance.

Carry on. (thumbs u

Agreed, but the last year's crop has gotten seriously out of hand. There's been some serious negligence as far as this is concerned. Please rectify.

(tsk)

Carry on. (thumbs u

I :roflmao: because it's funny.

I :sorry: because I suck.

That's ok...we were newbs to Comiks5Funny once, too...

Damn it.

That would have been a LOT funnier if I'd started it out "Luigi,"

Drat.

I forgive you Mario.

But...I'm not Italian.

You have to go with "Klaus" or "Winston" or....shoot, what's a stereotypical Portuguese name...?

hm

PETER!!

hm

Poor guy...still well over a month to go...

I wonder if he'll ever come back...?

Good for you, Pat. (thumbs u

I hope that ignoring the carp around here gives you a more enjoyable boards experience. I know it's sometimes dificult to ignore when there's just so much of it but when you step back and recognise it for the bollocks that it is, it's easier to remember there are more important things.

Good for you, Pat. (thumbs u

I hope that ignoring the carp around here gives you a more enjoyable boards experience. I know it's sometimes dificult to ignore when there's just so much of it but when you step back and recognise it for the bollocks that it is, it's easier to remember there are more important things.

I hope Pat will be able to ignore half of this thread lol

You know... I think I understand where you're coming from Pat, but I'm too 'green' to fully comprehend the particulars. I suppose as with anything, there are discouraging nuances or practices that can veil and corrupt overall perception.

However; (I hope I'm not bringing up a sore subject) I do believe there's value and integrity in the position you've taken. For myself, this was made very clear by a certain "paper trail" and though some may have thought that to be 'over-the-top', to me, that identified you as a stalwart of the hobby.

While I read through that, I saw how important history was to you and thought that to be a very admirable quality and something I could certainly learn from.

I feel like for this hobby to continue and flourish, we need more people as passionate as you.

Unrelated, but I wish they could've come up with a better solution for those animals in Ohio. :(