• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disneys ... CLOSED!

33 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a nice coverless copy of Mickey Mouse Mag V. 1 #5 let me know if you have any leads.

Feel free to make offers on these books, they will be here until Sunday when the unsolds go to the dreaded 'bay.

Thanks for looking!

To me, the issues from this run capture the most overlooked yet fascinating evolution in the history of Disney publications. Although V5#12 at first glance looks like the first comic book, the transition from children's magazine to comic book was gradual and subtle. In my opinion, another widely accepted fallacy is that "Mickey Mouse Magazine transitioned into Walt Disney's Comics and Stories". There were a cluster of other books that must have played a very important role in the switch, including Four Color 4 and the Donald Duck Large Feature Comics. I think it is misleading to talk about the transition without considering this group of books as a whole.

In any case, it is fascinating to see an original owner collection that happens to be focused on such an important period. I am glad I managed to secure a book for my own collection.

But on the inside cover of V.5 #12 it does say that next month , this magazine will be Walt Disney's Comics & Stories and that subscriptions from the magazine will be honored for the new title.

Edit: or maybe it's page 1... I don't have the book in front of me (I'm at work)...

But on the inside cover of V.5 #12 it does say that next month , this magazine will be Walt Disney's Comics & Stories and that subscriptions from the magazine will be honored for the new title.

Edit: or maybe it's page 1... I don't have the book in front of me (I'm at work)...

I know one thing, to see that many Mickey Mouse Magazines all in one place is amazing. Those things are TOUGH. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yeah, it was a new experience for me. In 13 years of traveling to midwest auctions for comics, I've never seen one, let alone 30+ of them all together. (There is a group shot of all of them at the auction in the Show Us Your Ducks thread).

Thanks Señor! Those were just iphone pics, nothing fancy.

:bump:

One day left to make offers on these books before I send them off to ebay sometime on Sunday... don't be shy! I have room to haggle on most of them! :)