• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help identify this 1930's? Mickey Mouse cardboard partial toy

8 posts in this topic

Last week when I went to an auction with a bunch of 1930s-40s Mickey Mouse Magazines, I won a box lot of old postcards and this cardboard Mickey figure was thrown in. It's pie-eyed and looks like it may be early to mid 1930s. Since there is a torn tab at the bottom, I'm guessing it was maybe one of the earliest toys from the kid who had a subscription to the Mickey Mouse Magazines which went all the way back to Vol. 1. Maybe it was a wooden vehicle with this Mickey as the driver. I tried googling but couldn't find a match, so I'm hoping someone here has the knowledge to be able to identify it. It's 5" high from the top of the ear to the base. I'd appreciate any help because somewhere someone likely has a driver-less toy and this would be a great match for it...

mickey001.JPGmickey002.JPG

that's a cool find! the colors looked familiar.

what you have is a part of mickey mouse plane that was a 1930s post toasties cereal box toy. see if you can find the plane.

mickeyplane.jpg

this disney cereal box set was appraised at $3500 on antiques roadshow in 2007 by gary sohmers. $40-50 per box top, cutouts $50 per set.

cerealboxset.jpg

see the appraisal video here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/200704A06.html