• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can SCS Be Pressed Out?

30 posts in this topic

Hi, can SCS (Shaken Comic Syndrome) be pressed out?

I have had a string of bad luck recently buying CGC books off of eBay where one or more of the corners is dinged from the book impacting the inner well of the old style CGC cases. (In the future, I think I'll only buy books that are in the new style holder that has no solid inner well).

Most of the dings look very similar. It appears that the overhanging cover has been lightly bent downwards when it hit the inner well. None of the bends appear to be color breaking. In fact I like to think if I cracked the book out of the holder, I could massage the bend away, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone tried to press a book that specifically had SCS?

Thanks!

I have had a string of bad luck recently buying CGC books off of eBay where one or more of the corners is dinged from the book impacting the inner well of the old style CGC cases. (In the future, I think I'll only buy books that are in the new style holder that has no solid inner well).

Most of the dings look very similar. It appears that the overhanging cover has been lightly bent downwards when it hit the inner well. None of the bends appear to be color breaking. In fact I like to think if I cracked the book out of the holder, I could massage the bend away, but I'm not sure.

Thanks!

Been there, done that, not a problem. ;)

Thanks!

It all depends on how much damage the SCS caused. A folded over corner or the well leaving indents in the top or bottom edge can easily press out. I have done hundreds with no issues.

I was just going to post a thread about this...I just got a 9.2 Giant Size X-Men #1 with white pages, and I noticed the bottom right corner is definitely folded over and creased in one small area...no way it would have received that grade with that imperfection right?

So basically I have to assume it happened in the holder and now my book isnt worth anything?

I was just going to post a thread about this...I just got a 9.2 Giant Size X-Men #1 with white pages, and I noticed the bottom right corner is definitely folded over...no way it would have received that grade with that imperfection right?

So basically I have to assume it happened in the holder and now my book isnt worth anything?

:takeit: for $10.00 then. :banana:

DR.X

I was just going to post a thread about this...I just got a 9.2 Giant Size X-Men #1 with white pages, and I noticed the bottom right corner is definitely folded over...no way it would have received that grade with that imperfection right?

DR.X

lol, in all seriousness though, what happens to the value of the book in this scenario?

I checked, and the book definitely is not loose and swimming around in the holder...not sure how it happened?

Would a picture help?

DR.X

lol, in all seriousness though, what happens to the value of the book in this scenario?

I checked, and the book definitely is not loose and swimming around in the holder...not sure how it happened?

Would a picture help?

That commonly happens to GS X-Men #1's. I have seen it at least a dozen times. If it does not break color it can be reversed. Sometimes it happens because the book has a little overlap and it is not stored properly.

DR.X

Would a picture help?

That commonly happens to GS X-Men #1's. I have seen it at least a dozen times. If it does not break color it can be reversed. Sometimes it happens because the book has a little overlap and it is not stored properly.

Thanks for responding to me...in terms of value and grade, do i assume it isnt a 9.2 anymore?

I can post a closeup pic later tonight if it will help...

DR.X

Would a picture help?

Thanks for responding to me...in terms of value and grade, do i assume it isnt a 9.2 anymore?

All depends. I would say no based on the description. Most likely would be after pressing out the damage.

DR.X

Would a picture help?

All depends. I would say no based on the description. Most likely would be after pressing out the damage.

wow, im not sure what to say right now, i am borderline heartbroken...

anyone know any reputable pressers on this forum? I am relatively new to the CGC collecting...

DR.X

Would a picture help?

anyone know any reputable pressers on this forum? I am relatively new to the CGC collecting...

joeypost

DR.X

Would a picture help?

Yes.

www.cfpcomics.com