• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Incredible Hulk #1 the 1st appearance of General Thaddeus Ross?

Is this General Ross?  

1. 1. Is this General Ross?

16 posts in this topic

Can't there be more than one white haired, moustached general in the army? While there is no reason why it couldn't be Ross, there's also no reason why it would be him.

Thanks for the assist, Greggy. I am such a newbie. lol!

Yes Gaz, there are surely more characters with the physical attributes you describe. However, in the nascent Marvel universe, I don't recall a dearth of characters whose physical appearance looks to these eyes extremely similar to Ross. And as pointed out by Atlas, he's a 2 star just as Ross first was portrayed in Hulk #1.

Thanks for the assist, Greggy. I am such a newbie. lol!

Yes Gaz, there are surely more characters with the physical attributes you describe. However, in the nascent Marvel universe, I don't recall a dearth of characters whose physical appearance looks to these eyes extremely similar to Ross. And as pointed out by Atlas, he's a 2 star just as Ross first was portrayed in Hulk #1.

I think you meant "alot of" or "plethora of" characters...

dearth means few or lack of...

And I'd guess in the mind of the artist, that is the same character (thumbs u

Thanks for all the assists and votes, guys. Appreciate the grammar correction Mcollector. Mea culpa. lol!

And a Hulk-sized thanks to BradleyX2. I'll surely rectify that over-sight. Nice piece of art btw!

I seem to recall a number of Army and Air Force generals that look like Ross throughout the entire pre-hero era -- were they really Ross or just Kirby's standard "general character" template?

I think someone already answered the question: it is if you want it to be! Now, if the character was called "Ross"...

I seem to recall a number of Army and Air Force generals that look like Ross throughout the entire pre-hero era -- were they really Ross or just Kirby's standard "general character" template?

IMHO ^^

I think that was the stereotypical look of the army general at that time. Like I said before though, no reason why it couldn't have been Ross. My vote was a "no" however.