• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable low/mid (some nicer) Pre-65 Marvels ASMs, JIMs, etc. GA Bats and more

89 posts in this topic

JIM 87 VG

$100

JIM87.jpg

:takeit: ....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.....looks like Warren beat me to it on this....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If I saw this before the bats were sold, I'd have some serious explaining to do to my wife.

Actually, who am I fooling I already do. In between my shopping spree over the last 24 hours on this board, went to local comic shop to buy some boxes and bags and boards and look through the reader boxes. I've seen their megre behind the counter SA stock so many times, I know there is nothing there to tempt me, but as I walk in only there because wednesday is 30% off supplies day I hear what sounds like "x-men #1....gottenn a few offers...sold the avengers #1 the first day...." huh?

Turns out he finally got a decent collection from someone. I ended up after 2 hours in there walking out with the x-men #1, an x-men 94, and an adventure #346 for $1160. I think the buzz from that hadn't worn out, but after that fix the junky inside me was let loose and wanted more, more, more.

Of course I had no choice. if the opportunity to buy a raw x-men #1 that you could inspect in your hands for a price I knew I wouldn't find again even for a lower grade comes accross you cannot let it go. Someone else made that mistake, bargained it down to $100 more than I paid and then said they would think about and be back.

I could not be that guy, but as obvious as this is, there is no possible way to explain this simple fact to my wife that it would have been unthinkable and downright foolish for me to not buy that comic, and well of course buying the other 2 allowed me to negotiate another 100 below his last offer that walked out the door saying I'll be back on friday. Oh, and strange fate that I had $1500 in cash in an envelope in my backpack from selling some books at a local show on sunday that I was on my way to deposit but decided to hit the LCS first.

So no paper trail, and oh yet another twist of fate to conspire that it is my wife's birthday next week and I told her do not check our account until after your birthday or you'll ruin your surprise (by seeing I booked a hotel). Maybe I should cancel the hotel and give her the x-men #1 for her birthday?

Who wants to buy some comics from me?

If I saw this before the bats were sold, I'd have some serious explaining to do to my wife.

Actually, who am I fooling I already do. In between my shopping spree over the last 24 hours on this board, went to local comic shop to buy some boxes and bags and boards and look through the reader boxes. I've seen their megre behind the counter SA stock so many times, I know there is nothing there to tempt me, but as I walk in only there because wednesday is 30% off supplies day I hear what sounds like "x-men #1....gottenn a few offers...sold the avengers #1 the first day...." huh?

Turns out he finally got a decent collection from someone. I ended up after 2 hours in there walking out with the x-men #1, an x-men 94, and an adventure #346 for $1160. I think the buzz from that hadn't worn out, but after that fix the junky inside me was let loose and wanted more, more, more.

Of course I had no choice. if the opportunity to buy a raw x-men #1 that you could inspect in your hands for a price I knew I wouldn't find again even for a lower grade comes accross you cannot let it go. Someone else made that mistake, bargained it down to $100 more than I paid and then said they would think about and be back.

I could not be that guy, but as obvious as this is, there is no possible way to explain this simple fact to my wife that it would have been unthinkable and downright foolish for me to not buy that comic, and well of course buying the other 2 allowed me to negotiate another 100 below his last offer that walked out the door saying I'll be back on friday. Oh, and strange fate that I had $1500 in cash in an envelope in my backpack from selling some books at a local show on sunday that I was on my way to deposit but decided to hit the LCS first.

So no paper trail, and oh yet another twist of fate to conspire that it is my wife's birthday next week and I told her do not check our account until after your birthday or you'll ruin your surprise (by seeing I booked a hotel). Maybe I should cancel the hotel and give her the x-men #1 for her birthday?

Who wants to buy some comics from me?

What the hell?

Go start a thread and not post this BS in someone's sales thread. And you are asking to sell stuff in someone else's thread? WTF!?