• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Venom 7 and 9

Those are the books to have or find at a discount. Not 35/200

13 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Book will get in people’s hands today so I predict you’ll see more movement and price hikes after today

This usually drives down the prices. Market gets flooded. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

27 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Honestly this is one of the more common sense spec books of recent memory

Honestly, with the cover price (and even high preorder cost) and the amount of copies that everyone knew would be available, this is one of the more common sense books to avoid from a spec perspective in recent memory. 

13 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Those are the books to have or find at a discount. Not 35/200

This usually drives down the prices. Market gets flooded. 

No, see your missing the entire point of why 7 and 9 are selling hot right now after this news started to hit the web. 7 and 9 are heating up solely because of Venom #35. It’s driving Dylan’s first apps to heat up. So I fully disagree, if you can snag at least one of the ratio 1:50 1:100 then do it. You’ll be happy you did sooner than later. The 1:500 obviously is a banger but it’s just far too expensive for my tastes. 

Just now, RJ MacReady said:

No, see your missing the entire point of why 7 and 9 are selling hot right now after this news started to hit the web. 7 and 9 are heating up solely because of Venom #35. It’s driving Dylan’s first apps to heat up. So I fully disagree, if you can snag at least one of the ratio 1:50 1:100 then do it. You’ll be happy you did sooner than later. The 1:500 obviously is a banger but it’s just far too expensive for my tastes. 

I fully understand why 7 end 9 are rising. I think you are missing the point. We all know you are holding quite the bag here and trying to discount what we’ve laid out, but I don’t think 35/200 will do anything on the secondary market in the next 3-5 years. 

3 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Honestly, with the cover price (and even high preorder cost) and the amount of copies that everyone knew would be available, this is one of the more common sense books to avoid from a spec perspective in recent memory. 

Sure if your out of touch with the amount of Venom collectors out there and how nutty their buying habits are. The Venom 7 and 9 sales are plenty evidence to the contrary. Go ratio, all the variants and what not I agree. Print run is far too high to not go ratio. But if you can get ratio at a good price, do it. This is the first book in which Dylan Brock becomes a superhero with suit in the 616. Once Dylan is Venom in his own book or they bring back Knull, this will be your book. But by all means follow your gut. 

2 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I fully understand why 7 end 9 are rising. I think you are missing the point. We all know you are holding quite the bag here and trying to discount what we’ve laid out, but I don’t think 35/200 will do anything on the secondary market in the next 3-5 years. 

No ones missing any bag or discounting anything. This is just common sense. If you don’t think your gonna see Dylan as Venom post this book and more often than not within 3 to 5 years, lol, well you have every right to believe that, despite the lack of any logic involved in such a belief.

8 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Sure if your out of touch with the amount of Venom collectors out there and how nutty their buying habits are. The Venom 7 and 9 sales are plenty evidence to the contrary. Go ratio, all the variants and what not I agree. Print run is far too high to not go ratio. But if you can get ratio at a good price, do it. This is the first book in which Dylan Brock becomes a superhero with suit in the 616. Once Dylan is Venom in his own book or they bring back Knull, this will be your book. But by all means follow your gut. 

12309CEE-51B9-4ADC-872C-9FE0921C06BC.gif.d46144c24a595d3d77914653722b64b6.gif

10 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

If you don’t think this book has any relevancy, I’d expect that you’ve listed and sold all your Knull books too then. The two go hand in hand. Do your thing, bro.

I’m comfortable with any position I took on those books. Don’t really see how that has anything to do with not wanting to go all in on a book that has every anti spec flag all over it. But you do you. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Or, whatever line fits. 

18 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I’m comfortable with any position I took on those books. Don’t really see how that has anything to do with not wanting to go all in on a book that has every anti spec flag all over it. But you do you. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Or, whatever line fits. 

I’m not sure you realize what an “anti spec flag” actually is pal. You are welcome to continue posting more gifs tho! Just stay comfy XD

Edited by RJ MacReady

16 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

I’m not sure you realize what an “anti spec flag” actually is pal. You are welcome to continue posting more gifs tho! I’m glad your comfy, buddy XD

giphy.gif

Let’s watch the falling prices on your ratio and circle back in a few days.

52 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

If you don’t think this book has any relevancy, I’d expect that you’ve listed and sold all your Knull books too then. The two go hand in hand. Do your thing, bro.

Weren't you the person who was expounding that everyone should unload all of their Venom 3's after the KIB mini-series as the book will tank and that we won't see Knull for years???

Changed your mind I take it?

23 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Weren't you the person who was expounding that everyone should unload all of their Venom 3's after the KIB mini-series as the book will tank and that we won't see Knull for years???

Changed your mind I take it?

I was that guy. And no I haven’t changed my mind at all I sold all of my Venom 3’s and my Dylan books right when I got news of what Cates did to both character in KIB. I still don’t believe Knull is coming back anytime soon. But if you haven’t already unloaded, probably best to hold off now that the price has dropped so much on those books. Venom 7 and 9 will start getting back to those higher prices but I don’t know that they will hit the heights they did when I listed the majority of mine. Obviously I held 9.8s of all 3 of those books for the PC long term hold but after KIB 5, absolutely was the time to unload. Hence all the sales those following weeks. Venom 35 def brings tho Dylan spec back from the dead no doubt tho.

46 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

giphy.gif

Let’s watch the falling prices on your ratio and circle back in a few days.

And then we can watch them spike right back up when Dylan-Venom features in a upcoming storyline. See how this works, babe?

1 minute ago, RJ MacReady said:

And then we can watch them spike right back up when Dylan-Venom features in a upcoming storyline. See how this works, babe?

It'll be in your dreams, but sounds good, sweet lips.

1 minute ago, wiparker824 said:

Are we really arguing that a 2021 book driving up prices on a book from a couple years ago, on a series that largely took off complete based on the creative team who is now on their last issue is a good long term investment? And all because we have yet another symbiote running around? As if we’ve not had a million symbiotes in the past? 

Not to mention I’ve seen Venom 9 on at least one of these bigger YouTube channels hot book lists (which I typically watch to find out which books I should sell, not buy) as well as sites like BleedingCool. This is absolutely not the time to buy on this book. 

All that said, if you believe in it, go for it but common sense says this is a stay away right now.

Right, so in your mind either don’t get a ratio #35 or wait until Dylan as Venom is actually a consistent character. Or get it now and hold to list when that innevitably happens. Do you actually believe Dylan as Venom isn’t going to happen after this issue? That’s your bet?

1 hour ago, RJ MacReady said:

4 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

And no I haven’t changed my mind at all I sold all of my Venom 3’s and my Dylan books right when I got news of what Cates did to both character in KIB

OK....it's always good to clarify things.