• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

Bone #1 just took another step up. 9.0 just went for $3400, on the heels of a strong price on a 9.2 at Heritage a few days ago ($3480)

I think this was helped by the fact that there is a serious lack of reasonably priced alternatives. It’s probably the first time in over a decade that there isn’t at least 2 or 3 slabs of a 1st print #1 on eBay that are priced to sell.

Edited by docgo
Grammar

3 hours ago, docgo said:

I think this was helped by the fact that there is a serious lack of reasonably priced alternatives. It’s probably the first time in over a decade that there isn’t at least 2 or 3 slabs of a 1st print #1 on eBay that are priced to sell.

Price compression seems to have settled in on a lot of the bigger ticket moderns and then *Boom!* once you get to "9.8".

-J.

3 hours ago, docgo said:

Wow, those are some very nice prices for the 9.0 and 9.2. 

Deservedly so.  Book is awesome and a nightmare for grading. 

Patrick 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, BishopT said:

So, how about a book that’s actually hot from today?

Usagi Yojimbo #20

Part of why this book is selling $15-20, $60+ for the 1:10... is there seems to be some conflagration around the new character's name Yukichi vs Yuichi, the descendent of Usagi named in the cartoon.

My impression is this is a temporary reading comprehension fail

On 6/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, followtheleader said:

Hood should be an easy win.  He would be fantastic in a movie.  Not joking, the Bendis take on Hood could make him the primary villain.  Why they moved away from that in the comics was pretty dumb.  

Gwenpool may actually work in a Deadpool movie.  Maybe as a DP3 outro with the patented Reynold-rip. 

The HTD issue can be found cheaper at times.  Though I don't like it (mostly because the cover is uggs), would be a good potential pick-up.  

Patrick 

Well, well.  Reynolds had an interview stating he wants female deadpools in 3.   I'd think Lady Deadpool and Gwenpool are very solid choices.

Patrick

On 6/19/2021 at 1:47 PM, docgo said:

Same with a lot of independents.  A cerebus 1 4.5 OW just sold for 1650 yesterday. 

Cerebus 2 9.6 sold for 2500

Edited by Wolverinex

19 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:
On 6/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, BishopT said:

So, how about a book that’s actually hot from today?

Usagi Yojimbo #20

Part of why this book is selling $15-20, $60+ for the 1:10... is there seems to be some conflagration around the new character's name Yukichi vs Yuichi, the descendent of Usagi named in the cartoon.

Its funny that a book that has small loyal fan base can affect the market like this. Years nobody cared. 

13 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Source?

I misquoted.  Came from an insider.  Def loose, but makes sense after Loki and they have existing characters.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ryan-reynolds-reportedly-deadpool-variants/

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

Was curious why my Crain Trade Venom 35 hadn't shipped, so I reached out to the retailer - this is what I got back. Ouch...

We just received word from our Retailer Partner that the entire print run of the Venom #200 Crain Variants have come in either damaged or with a major printing flaw.  We have notified Diamond and Marvel on this and trying to get a full reprint, which can take a few weeks.  We appreciate your patience and understanding and we all are trying to make sure everyone gets NM copies that you will all be happy with.

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I misquoted.  Came from an insider.  Def loose, but makes sense after Loki and they have existing characters.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/ryan-reynolds-reportedly-deadpool-variants/

Patrick

WGTC's "Insider" Daniel Richtman who seemingly is credited with everything they post. I'd put zero stock in that trash website.

Edited by Tnexus

On 6/19/2021 at 8:50 PM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

could also have been mis-spelled by some one on the press release for the netflix show, or changed since netflix option was nearly a year ago. it would be a weird coincidence having 2 new characters with only 1 letter difference in their names.