• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, divad said:

There is no such thing as a "cameo" if the character has not appeared already somewhere in comics. Must we continue to use the word incorrectly? :sumo:

That is not really true.  In comic terms a cameo is a brief appearance by a character in someone else's series.  Invincible cameo's in Noble Causes 3 and had no prior in-story appearances.

1 hour ago, MrWeen said:

That is not really true.  In comic terms a cameo is a brief appearance by a character in someone else's series.  Invincible cameo's in Noble Causes 3 and had no prior in-story appearances.

What do you mean by "not really"? lol

If Invincible had never appeared anywhere before, that would be his first appearance in comics. :sumo:

8 hours ago, PeterPark said:

The way the 8 variant was distributed makes it very unlikely anyone has randomly found out their copy was one. I'd think most of the people with the variant are holding because they can't replace it if they sold it

Enlighten me on the distribution I don't know how that one was given out. I am not a huge Sandman fan and yes I have attempted to read it
several times.

5 hours ago, littledoom said:
20 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Tough call to make. Set of 1-75 just sold for $1500.00 thats double a price from two weeks ago.
and a 9.8 have sold between $14-1600.00 last few weeks. Covid money has dried up so the 
next few months should be really interesting to see if new highs continue.

It doesn't take covid to make those series great.. in other words when there is no covid buyers will still pay up in the future

Yes, but thats not the point I was making. Everything was inflated pricewise the last few months. The next 6 months to a year
will tell us if those prices stick or if they were inflated. Sandman is not probably the best example as it has room to grow especially
If the show goes over well.

On 7/4/2021 at 6:49 PM, gradejunky said:

My sales this week were literally nill.  I have not sold anything all week.  Past few weeks have slowed down for me big time and I'm assuming that having conventions this year as opposed to almost none last year is the main culprit.

My sales dropped 75% for June when Ebay removed Paypal. (That's where my spending money is)

It's started to come back again over the last couple of weeks though.

15 hours ago, divad said:

What do you mean by "not really"? lol

If Invincible had never appeared anywhere before, that would be his first appearance in comics. :sumo:

According to CGC it would be a first appearance via cameo!  

Edited by MrWeen

17 hours ago, littledoom said:

DS 2 movie spec that Voodoo might appear.. buyers snagging their copies now are smart

We've known that. The poster stated "Looks like New Avengers 53 is going to spike again".
Why "again"?

7 hours ago, TheSpud said:

My sales dropped 75% for June when Ebay removed Paypal. (That's where my spending money is)

eBay started switching people last year. It's been gradual, not all in one month.

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Enlighten me on the distribution I don't know how that one was given out. I am not a huge Sandman fan and yes I have attempted to read it
several times.

There were 600 made, and were sent to a couple signing events. 

https://recalledcomics.com/Sandman8KarenBergerEditorial.php

edit: the last one that GPA shows as sold in a 9.8 sold for 4560 in 2018. A 9.4 however sold last week for 2226.

Edited by wiparker824

On 7/5/2021 at 1:02 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That set was neatsuff. Thouse auctions always go a little higher as they have a great reputation.  (thumbsu

Their auctions used to go high because they shilled them to death and would send 2nd chance offers, or offer the bidders whatever they were auctioning off of Ebay. Is that the reputation you mean, or have they changed? 

15 hours ago, TheSpud said:

PayPal can still be used to make purchases so that shouldn't impact sales. 

2 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Their auctions used to go high because they shilled them to death and would send 2nd chance offers, or offer the bidders whatever they were auctioning off of Ebay. Is that the reputation you mean, or have they changed? 

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought that was the ebay for Rick's neat stuff ( the member here) 

22 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought that was the ebay for Rick's neat stuff ( the member here) 

Rick sells moderns? hm

I think a lot of the people who bought on ebay have moved over to the Whatnot app.  Stupid insane buying continues on that platform.  I'm trying to get on it to sell, but there is a wait list.  If people want to buy junk, I have a ton of it.  :)

6 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
8 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

5 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Rick sells moderns? hm

I looked back and I believe I was wrong on this. Rick's Ebay is not the same and Ryan is correct I do not see any moderns in Rick's history.

Neatstuffcollectibles appears to be someone different. 

The Ebay names are very similar and I was unaware of Neatstuffcollectibles using shill, 2nd chance or outside of ebay issues. 

My original post here 

8 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:
  On 7/5/2021 at 12:02 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That set was neatsuff. Thouse auctions always go a little higher as they have a great reputation.  (thumbsu

Was my confusion over the similarities of their handles. I know Rick has been a great member here with a well earned reputation.  I assumed that those Ebay auctions were his and why they sold for as high as they did. 

Completely my mistake.  

12 hours ago, toro said:

I think a lot of the people who bought on ebay have moved over to the Whatnot app.  Stupid insane buying continues on that platform.  I'm trying to get on it to sell, but there is a wait list.  If people want to buy junk, I have a ton of it.  :)

I buy from it just like I buy from several other places that allow me to use buyer protection with. I wont pay F&F ever.

I have no desire to sell on a new app that seems to cater to live auctions. I don't have the time for that. Maybe when I retire. More power to someone else that has the time and the patience to do 
that form of selling.

Edited by fastballspecial

10 hours ago, TheSpud said:
18 hours ago, Ryan. said:

PayPal can still be used to make purchases so that shouldn't impact sales. 

I used to spend the money that came into my Paypal on ebay stuff.

I don't spend the money that's now transferred into my bank on ebay

Me too for the most part, but I will transfer over some money from time to time
for mad comic book money.