• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Are people seeing your local shops selling out of Nice House by the Lake?  

They've sold out pretty fast here.  

The book interest seems kind of early Dept of Truth esque.

Just saw this beautiful cover.  Those skulls are pretty sweet. 

Patrick 

s-l1600.jpg

That's a great cover.

The standard cover A issues seem to still be easily available (here in the UK at least) but it wouldn't take much for them to get a bump if the series keeps getting better and/or an inevitable 'option' gets mentioned.

2 hours ago, RickSp said:

That's a great cover.

The standard cover A issues seem to still be easily available (here in the UK at least) but it wouldn't take much for them to get a bump if the series keeps getting better and/or an inevitable 'option' gets mentioned.

Unless this is creator-owned, you'll never hear of an "option" because DC/Warner would already have the rights.

24 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Unless this is creator-owned, you'll never hear of an "option" because DC/Warner would already have the rights.

Ah yes of course, I keep forgetting this is DC black label. I always thought that brand was meant to be DC universe stuff but just more adult orientated.

Is this the first black label series that is so far seemingly disconnected by anything in the DCU?

9 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

s-l1600.jpg

Just as an FYI this was a store exclusive variant and is not sold out… you can still get them for their day1 price on wantedcomix site. I love the book but it was DC and printed a lot,  think it’s ceiling for value is quite low due to that.

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

s-l1600.jpg

Yeah, my shops have finally sold out of it. I've been selling copies of Cover A for $15-18 the last few weeks, so there is interest/heat even if stores ordered a lot of these.

Recent Sales

Edited by awakeintheashes

53 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, my shops have finally sold out of it. I've been selling copies of Cover A for $15-18 the last few weeks, so there is interest/heat even if stores ordered a lot of these.

Recent Sales

I preordered 5 copies of cover A. Of the 5, I’d say only one has potential to be a 9.8. Are you guys seeing similar trends in terms of damage? Im seeing blunted corners galore.

8 minutes ago, eddly said:

I preordered 5 copies of cover A. Of the 5, I’d say only one has potential to be a 9.8. Are you guys seeing similar trends in terms of damage? Im seeing blunted corners galore.

All of the ones I preordered looked good to me. None of the copies I saw at my LCS had issues either. With that said, that black cover sure could pose a problem for 9.8s

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Recent Sales

All 3 of my shops sold out first day or two. Issue 2 was tough for me to find as online shops sold out as well.

First issue was very good I have yet to read issue 2.

Edited by fastballspecial

Just now, fastballspecial said:

All 3 of my shops sold out first day or two. Issue 2 was tough for me to find as online shops sold out as well 

2 of my 3 shops sold out in the first week. The third shop had it in stock for a while, which isn't surprising, as they don't sleep on books like this. They still have copies of Eve #1 which I pick up a copy every week. It's a great read and I have a feeling it'll heat up.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

All 3 of my shops sold out first day or two. Issue 2 was tough for me to find as online shops sold out as well.

First issue was very good I have yet to read issue 2.

1st was good, 2 was a little on the boring side.  But he's still developing the story and they all can't be big reveals.

Patrick

4 hours ago, followtheleader said:

1st was good, 2 was a little on the boring side.  But he's still developing the story and they all can't be big reveals.

Patrick

I liked 2 - I felt like it did a good job of moving the story, and I like the different styles of telling the story within the book. But I agree, 1 really was well done.

17 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I liked 2 - I felt like it did a good job of moving the story, and I like the different styles of telling the story within the book. But I agree, 1 really was well done.

I loved the concept but I can’t keep track of all the characters in my head. 

I’m looking forward to them venturing into the outer world, Tynion is my current favorite.

7 hours ago, BrooksR said:

I loved the concept but I can’t keep track of all the characters in my head. 

I’m looking forward to them venturing into the outer world, Tynion is my current favorite.

Yeah, you almost need a chart or something! Especially when it switches back and forth from first names to the "descriptor" names they have (writer, doctor, etc.).

9 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, you almost need a chart or something! Especially when it switches back and forth from first names to the "descriptor" names they have (writer, doctor, etc.).

This is why I’ve not read issue 2 yet being that it’s a limited run of 12 issues figure I’ll just wait and read it in one shot. 

1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

Doesn’t seem like a “modern” that’s heating up, but good for the seller I guess. 

This was a mistake post. I was supposed to be posted in where was CGC quality control.  :facepalm: