• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2022 at 12:50 AM, CheeseFrog said:

Grim 1 second print… wow 

A8E8DF61-BCF1-4A3C-9401-35C81AA8B430.png

9A46BD33-C9F8-40E8-B3A1-A17783C7F115.png

This is Brzrkr #1 2nd/3rd print all over again.  I ordered like 8 copies of this from 2 different sources and I'll be surprised if I even get any.  Why did they allocate this?  My Brzrker 2nd prints I ordered 10 and received none.  Same with the 3rd print.  I ordered 8 or something, and got 1.  I can't fathom what the reasoning is for this malarky.

On 6/2/2022 at 6:26 AM, gradejunky said:

This is Brzrkr #1 2nd/3rd print all over again.  I ordered like 8 copies of this from 2 different sources and I'll be surprised if I even get any.  Why did they allocate this?  My Brzrker 2nd prints I ordered 10 and received none.  Same with the 3rd print.  I ordered 8 or something, and got 1.  I can't fathom what the reasoning is for this malarky.

It’s the Bad Idea business model.  Falls under the category of ‘any publicity is good publicity’.  I don’t like it, myself.

On 6/2/2022 at 9:33 AM, 500Club said:

It’s the Bad Idea business model.  Falls under the category of ‘any publicity is good publicity’.  I don’t like it, myself.

Are you suggesting that Boom! is "borrowing" the bad ideas from Bad Idea? :kidaround:

On 6/2/2022 at 10:33 AM, 500Club said:

On 6/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, valiantman said:

Are you suggesting that Boom! is "borrowing" the bad ideas from Bad Idea? :kidaround:

Actually Boom did this first with Once & Future #1. They printed a set number of copies before orders were in and then allocated. Likely to drive demand and sales for later printings. It went to 8 printings, FYI.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:22 AM, fastballspecial said:

Will The Spider Smasher sell well this week? My small local shop already
sold out, but only ordered a few copies. I did see some very nice
Store Variants as well of Spider-man 38.

I was curious to see how stores would order on the book. Hopefully your store is indicative of the vast majority and they will all have ordered small.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, kimik said:

I was curious to see how stores would order on the book. Hopefully your store is indicative of the vast majority and they will all have ordered small.

My store opens at 11 and when I got there at 11:08, all they had was the 1:10. I was able to order the rest of the covers from mycomicshop though

On 6/2/2022 at 11:22 AM, fastballspecial said:

I ordered the Bjorn Barends Variant. I like the cover. 

On 6/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, Jackhartmann said:
On 6/2/2022 at 11:22 AM, fastballspecial said:

I ordered the Bjorn Barends Variant. I like the cover. 

I ordered the Bartel because of the full cover shot.

Spider-man 13 will see a nice spike from this. I have 3 2nd prints I bought
awhile back. Its doing very well.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:16 PM, Wolverinex said:

Insanely cool cover.  Batman #124 variant by Filya Bratukhin.  

Artist reminds me of Moebius and Darrow.   I think it comes out soon.   TFAW still has it for ratio.  Don't buy the overpriced ones on ebay

W1gH9hE.jpg

@Jesse-Lee  A few early copies showed up on ebay for cheaper than ratio right now if anyone needs a copy before it releases Wednesday.   

Also  early review of the cover.  https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/06/judging-by-the-cover-06-08-22/

"As a rule, I always stick with nine entries. Eight isn’t wide enough of a net to cast each week, and 10 just feels derivative of other list-centric features. (The fact that I care about this stuff hopefully means something to you, dear reader.) But I had to make an exception for perhaps the greatest cover I’ve ever seen, and I mean that quite literally. Filya Bratukhin’s work is nothing short of breathtaking, as if he’s packed all of Batman’s story and canon and history in one dynamic instance. I am both astounded at the sheer attention to detail and the sheer scope of the image — it’s very nature commenting on Batman’s own obsessions. I love the way that Bats feels small and very human amid the monster he’s built; the little touches of humanity and the way nature maintains a firm presence; and even just all the amazing robots, as if a child made this (or someone with comparable whimsy). In short, I could — and will — spend hours looking this over, and it’s both affirmed my love of Batman and shown me all sorts of new ideas and insights into the character. Bravo."

Edited by Wolverinex