• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

Boy, it's convention season, the weather is beautiful, and few are worrying about getting together with others . . . So far I am "Oh for June!" on eBay :wavingwhiteflag: But here is one Modern Age raw sale worth noting in May:  :bigsmile:

Items in search results

On 6/23/2022 at 9:41 AM, Miguelb said:

Any spec on Star Wars Crimson Reign?  Rahzzah variants seem to be hot, covers lend themselves to difficult 9.8s i'd assume.

I did medium spec on both Reign and WotBH due to the Crimson Dawn tie-in with an eye to it being a 2 year play. Seeing the Rahzzah variants spike already is a nice bonus.

Edited by kimik

On 6/23/2022 at 1:32 AM, 500Club said:

Please, God… let this Valiant adaptation be of quality [!]praying emoji[/!]

Andrew Lanham co-wrote MCU 'Shang-Chi and Legend of the 10 Rings' with it's exciting beheaded flying evil pig sequence. I will pray with you. Ohmmmm. :gossip:

On 6/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, kimik said:

I did medium spec on both Reign and WotBH due to the Crimson Dawn tie-in with an eye to it being a 2 year play. Seeing the Rahzzah variants spike already is a nice bonus.

The covers are pretty great!

On 6/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 6/22/2022 at 10:28 PM, Wolverinex said:

This kinda seems like a nothingburger at the moment. Someone with limited credits is "in talks". Talks are always going on in Hollywood.

It feels like some version of a Harbinger movie has been "on the way" for at least ten years. Although Harbinger (1992) is older than any of the Harbinger-style movies in the past 20 years, it seems likely that general audiences will think a Harbinger movie is a rip-off of the movies that ripped-off Harbinger.  Of course, Harbinger 1992 is a "young mutants" team, so much like every fiction written today, it's a knock-off of something else that was a knock-off of something earlier.

At least Marvel's Thor just comes right out and announces it's a rip-off of thousand year old mythology. lol

Edited by valiantman

It will be interesting to see what KeyCollector says is it's hot books for the week since I don't think a hot book as popped since the whole Wonder Man stuff started trending.  Who thinks they can make a cool Wonder Man show?  Raise them hands!

On 6/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, 1Cool said:

It will be interesting to see what KeyCollector says is it's hot books for the week since I don't think a hot book as popped since the whole Wonder Man stuff started trending.  Who thinks they can make a cool Wonder Man show?  Raise them hands!

And then buy my Wonder Man comics! lol

TBH, I kind of felt this way this way with Guardians of the Galaxy, and that was great.

On 6/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, 1Cool said:

Disney+ hasn't made a bad MCU or Star Wars show yet, IMO. Some of them maybe weren't amazing, but they have a solid track record. I think there are many other properties that they could have developed; the fact they're choosing this one suggests that they have a decent idea. I'm just happy it turned my lot of 3 Wonder Man books that were sitting unsold for about $5 into a $30 sale.