• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

I don't like the book that much to pay serious money for it.That's insane for a modern. :eek:

Why, because what you collect is awesome and what WD collectors collect sucks?

Pretty much.

I was guessing thief of thieves something new for kirkman not zombie or super power realted. I normally dont specualte either but i think this from what i read online is going to be a hot one. So im grabbing up copies when comes out. Severed is ok im not sure on that one yet. Lil depressed boy i think will take a long time time to catchup but it wil be hot i think? But never know sometime best to just read what u like and enjoy the hobby. But with that in mind im still gunna give it a shot with the thief of thieves. but if we are buying up every copy of issue i think this tends to give a false impact in the market, It will make that late ones that want to buy it think wow it must really be hot. But in reality a lot of those people are speculating IMO and hoping for the next chew or WD. Im gunna take my chances on that and mars attacks by john layman. So we will see what happens.

any comic series getting ready to launch or that have already launched that has the potential to have similar collectible legs as Chew or TWD? How about Thief of Thieves?

it is tricky, something needs to have the combination of being entertaining and way underordered for this to work. just being a good read, but an anticipated one, pretty much puts the kabosh on any absurd price run-up.

I don't like the book that much to pay serious money for it.That's insane for a modern. :eek:

Why, because what you collect is awesome and what WD collectors collect sucks?

No! I collect all ages,and want one badly in my collection.Think I'll go for a raw one.

well, here's my thinking on why it may not be the greatest thing to plunk down $1K on....

maybe kirkman, et al. get tired of doing it at issue 130 or 140 or whatever and they wrap it up. maybe the TV series lasts a couple of years. yes, it's a money maker, true, though not so much for the monthly floppies, more the tpbs and other stuff, but it's not like they don't have other projects to make money on.

so where does it go 2-5 years after that?

whereas some SA key at $1K has withstood the test of time, etc.

true, the same can be said of many GA books (and is said about many GA books...how are those issues of Green Lama and Bulletman doing?)

of course, sgt. rock seems to be doing just fine as a collectible back issue and he hasn't exactly been a DC mainstay for a looong time

Heck, even well known (and still in use) characters like Mickey Mouse, Porky Pig and Bug Bunny comics from the 40's and 50's, that have high overstreet "values" because they meant something to baby boomers and maybe some Gen-xers have stagnated. The Ducks would probably be down/stagnated too (and are down compared to some other genres) if not for the huge foreign interest in them.

Someone mentioned it early, but what's the what on Nonplayer #1? Looks like a $5-$7 book raw with 9.8's going for $80. Now that the movie (wtf... one issue out and now a movie?) has a writer will this start to heat up? I thought the printrun on this was pretty decent (for an Image book). Anyone know? Where are 9.8's going to top out?

Should I buy this raw copy for $125?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nonplayer-Issue-1-By-Nate-Simpson-Image-Comics-/110817781670?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19cd4127a6#ht_500wt_898

"Nonplayer issue #1 sold out . This is in mint condition and it is bagged and boarded . "

Someone mentioned it early, but what's the what on Nonplayer #1? Looks like a $5-$7 book raw with 9.8's going for $80. Now that the movie (wtf... one issue out and now a movie?) has a writer will this start to heat up? I thought the printrun on this was pretty decent (for an Image book). Anyone know? Where are 9.8's going to top out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nonplayer-Issue-1-By-Nate-Simpson-Image-Comics-/110817781670?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19cd4127a6#ht_500wt_898

"Nonplayer issue #1 sold out . This is in mint condition and it is bagged and boarded . "

I would not pay $125 for a raw copy of this book. $15-$20 seems about right for a raw copy.

I would not pay $125 for a raw copy of this book. $15-$20 seems about right for a raw copy.

I dunno... I'm thinking $125 is a steal... 6 months from now you'll be sorry for ignoring my advice!