• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

I would tread lightly if I were making such accusations.You are apologizing, yet you're saying right after that "this thread is a scam", therefore, insulting those that contribute to it. Some experienced boardies are quick to call such folk out who only come here to spam for their sales. It seems that your judgement is from lack of networking and history with good board memebers here. Making such accusations like that may not be a good way to start if you're seeking to learn speculation.

Get to know the place and the people before making rash comments. You may gain a good network. Then again, you might be in the wrong place. (shrug)

very true, maybe im not here to make friends but think about this, this thread alone has over 10500 hits what does that mean? seems to me that this is an advertisement. good hard working people are paying top dollar for this books to flip/make a profit. I only asked for sources of information to conform these claims of being "hot". rather then beating around the bush

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug)

its not 10 years old first post was on 10/26/11 11:21 PM

O.K. on that note there are only 335 posts,and 10K views.That means alot of people are reading.What does the post count matter anyway? I'm just having a hard time trying to understand where your getting at? (shrug)

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profile from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

I really think your reading more into it than you need to.This is a for fun type of thread,you see a comic that is selling for more than sticker and you mention it.Nothing more!

maybe thats true for you but not all people have the same point of view. i just want to bring some issues to light.

Good luck with that! :wishluck:

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

I would tread lightly if I were making such accusations.You are apologizing, yet you're saying right after that "this thread is a scam", therefore, insulting those that contribute to it. Some experienced boardies are quick to call such folk out who only come here to spam for their sales. It seems that your judgement is from lack of networking and history with good board memebers here. Making such accusations like that may not be a good way to start if you're seeking to learn speculation.

Get to know the place and the people before making rash comments. You may gain a good network. Then again, you might be in the wrong place. (shrug)

very true, maybe im not here to make friends but think about this, this thread alone has over 10500 hits what does that mean? seems to me that this is an advertisement. good hard working people are paying top dollar for this books to flip/make a profit. I only asked for sources of information to conform these claims of being "hot". rather then beating around the bush

It's got 10,500 posts because it's ten years old,not from people selling their wares.We would not allow that on this thread.there is however a forum sales thread that is specifically for selling. (shrug)

O.K. on that note there are only 335 posts,and 10K views.That means alot of people are reading.What does the post count matter anyway? I'm just having a hard time trying to understand where your getting at? (shrug)

what im getting at is tons of people see this. 10000+ has looked as this thread and can be used as a marking tool. my original post ask a question about people making a profile from modern comics and where did they get there sources. i sorry if i sound confrontational but its mind boggling that people havent brought up this point

I really think your reading more into it than you need to.This is a for fun type of thread,you see a comic that is selling for more than sticker and you mention it.Nothing more!

maybe thats true for you but not all people have the same point of view. i just want to bring some issues to light.

i hope so. like i said oak i never meant to offend anyone just to give people a differentiate perspective, not to invest their life saving on what someone sees on here rather to do research yourself and invest on what you think is worthy. i hope you can understand that.

Edited by bazzle

Not a comic, but another type of "modern" is heating up on ebay --- I noticed that the frosted X-Men toon tumblers are hitting $30-45 on ebay pretty consistently depending on the character.

Who knew Paul's collectible character glasses would be...collectible??!?!

:applause:

I'm pretty surprised with the value of some Toon Tumblers as well. I picked up a couple at a convention a while back for myself, and recently had to sell them to raise some cash. I was able to pull almost $40+ for just the Nova one, which was really surprising to me.

i hope so. like i said oak i never meant to offend anyone just to give people a differentiate perspective, not to invest their life saving on what someone sees on here rather to do research yourself and invest on what you think is worthy. i hope you can understand that.

People on here know what to buy and what not buy,of course I can understand your point.I just think your making too big a deal out of nothing,everyone here knows what's what here.

you still seem to be missing the point. "moderns that are heating up on ebay" isn't an opinion it's moderns that are actually selling for decent coin in relation to cover on ebay. most everyone here realizes that 95% of moderns are worth nothing the minute you walk out of the store. some fine folks who follow this kind of thing are good enough to share information on the other 5%- those books you may have collecting dust that you could turn into some decent jack once you are alerted to the fact that they are "heating up on ebay."

People on here know what to buy and what not buy,of course I can understand your point.I just think your making too big a deal out of nothing,everyone here knows what's what here.

points have to made to be heard. im fairly new on here, ive been trolling reading the threads for awhile and im sure there adding 100s of new users everyday. and i dont think "everyone" knows whats what. This is a major marketing tool if you realize it or dont and it can be abused.

Why are you even trying Oak?

lol

I thought I could help out the noob,but guess not.He wants to be right regardless of what we say.

"noob" i cant believe theres people in the world as naive as you, seems like you would buy a bag of beans if someone told you they were magical

No! I have my own sense to know what is right and what is wrong.I can determine what I want in my collecting focus,and not allow other people to make up my mind for me.Go ahead and be the lone Avenger here,in your quest to save us from ourselves.Enjoy your short time here good sir. :applause:

Would TWENTY-SIX links in support of a claim qualify??

Vengeance of Bane has been pretty hot for the last 5 to 7 months!! But it's really been taking off lately!! When Raw Copies were hitting the $30 to $40 price a few months ago I thought it was going to stay at those prices until the New Batman Movie comes out.

Boy I was wrong about Raw Copies staying at around $30 to $40!! They've been consistently selling for around $60 to $90 in the last 2 months!!

Here's some links to what they've been selling for!!

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1st-Appearance-Bane-Origin-NM-1st-print-/270877286636?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f118b60ec

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-93-Near-Perfect-NM-1st-Bane-Appearance-/200698855862?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2eba9581b6

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Origin-Bane-Hot-New-Film-Mint-Conditon-/250967922694?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6eda9806

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1st-appearance-and-origin-Bane-CGC-9-2-White-Pages-/190629908603?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c626d907b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1993-1ST-PRINTING-/200670844588?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2eb8ea16ac

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-VF-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/360425464363?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53eb08222b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-NM-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/250962205056?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6e835980

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-COMIC-ISSUE-1-64-PAGE-SPECIAL-NM-1st-PRINT-/380404083451?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item5891d9aafb

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Special-1-2-1st-Bane-VF-NM-/290635673941?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43ab3c7155

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-NM-M-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/330671569842?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4cfd8fbbb2

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-NM-FIRST-SERIES-/320818125312?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab2401a00

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1993-1-NM-9-6-1st-Bane-/390374327682?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5ae41f8582

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Special-1-1993-DC-Comics-9-6-/180780975755?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a1762c68b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1993-1-First-Printing-DC-Comics-/110811165259?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19ccdc324b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-First-Print-1st-app-origin-Bane-NEAR-MINT-/160714206557?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item256b502d5d

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-VF-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/250969027504?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6eeb73b0

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-NM-FIRST-SERIES-/320824270245?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab29ddda5

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Vengeance-Bane-First-App-Bane-2-Batman-497-Breaking-Batman-/280789783384?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4160601358

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Special-1-First-Print-1st-Appearance-Dark-Knight-/320829427304?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab2ec8e68

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-No-1-1st-print-HTF-/110809978432?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19ccca1640

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1-DC-1st-printing-Bane-dark-knight-rises-movie-/220887921736?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item336df23448

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-FIRST-PRINT-FIRST-APPEARANCE-BANE-/390381162852?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5ae487d164

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1-Free-Shipping-if-Final-Auction-35-00-Greater-/130621344176?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e69a389b0

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1993-1ST-PRINTING-/200690005923?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2eba0e77a3

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1-DC-1st-printing-Bane-dark-knight-rises-movie-/220899416170?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item336ea1986a

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-/320781352877?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab00effad

This board is extremely knowledgable. Bringing this point up here is like pointing out to an astronomy board that the sun rises in the east. :gossip:

Would TWENTY-SIX links in support of a claim qualify??

Vengeance of Bane has been pretty hot for the last 5 to 7 months!! But it's really been taking off lately!! When Raw Copies were hitting the $30 to $40 price a few months ago I thought it was going to stay at those prices until the New Batman Movie comes out.

Boy I was wrong about Raw Copies staying at around $30 to $40!! They've been consistently selling for around $60 to $90 in the last 2 months!!

Here's some links to what they've been selling for!!

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1st-Appearance-Bane-Origin-NM-1st-print-/270877286636?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f118b60ec

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-93-Near-Perfect-NM-1st-Bane-Appearance-/200698855862?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2eba9581b6

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Origin-Bane-Hot-New-Film-Mint-Conditon-/250967922694?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6eda9806

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1st-appearance-and-origin-Bane-CGC-9-2-White-Pages-/190629908603?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c626d907b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1993-1ST-PRINTING-/200670844588?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2eb8ea16ac

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-VF-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/360425464363?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item53eb08222b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-NM-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/250962205056?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6e835980

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-COMIC-ISSUE-1-64-PAGE-SPECIAL-NM-1st-PRINT-/380404083451?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item5891d9aafb

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Special-1-2-1st-Bane-VF-NM-/290635673941?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43ab3c7155

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-NM-M-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/330671569842?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4cfd8fbbb2

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-NM-FIRST-SERIES-/320818125312?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab2401a00

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1993-1-NM-9-6-1st-Bane-/390374327682?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5ae41f8582

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Special-1-1993-DC-Comics-9-6-/180780975755?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2a1762c68b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1993-1-First-Printing-DC-Comics-/110811165259?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19ccdc324b

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-First-Print-1st-app-origin-Bane-NEAR-MINT-/160714206557?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item256b502d5d

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-VF-DARK-KNIGHT-RISES-/250969027504?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a6eeb73b0

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-NM-FIRST-SERIES-/320824270245?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab29ddda5

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Vengeance-Bane-First-App-Bane-2-Batman-497-Breaking-Batman-/280789783384?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4160601358

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-Special-1-First-Print-1st-Appearance-Dark-Knight-/320829427304?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab2ec8e68

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-No-1-1st-print-HTF-/110809978432?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19ccca1640

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1-DC-1st-printing-Bane-dark-knight-rises-movie-/220887921736?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item336df23448

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1-FIRST-PRINT-FIRST-APPEARANCE-BANE-/390381162852?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5ae487d164

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1-Free-Shipping-if-Final-Auction-35-00-Greater-/130621344176?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1e69a389b0

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1993-1ST-PRINTING-/200690005923?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2eba0e77a3

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Batman-Vengeance-Bane-1-DC-1st-printing-Bane-dark-knight-rises-movie-/220899416170?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item336ea1986a

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/BATMAN-VENGEANCE-BANE-1ST-PRINT-1ST-BANE-/320781352877?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ab00effad

first of all all i see is broken links, second whos to say you didnt buy as many as you can. then posted hyped further on this page. this is the point im trying to make.

As you can see from my sig. line,I'm doing just fine with my own collecting focus. ;)

are you trying to show off? those are neither hot nor modern

:roflmao:

Now your just being silly! :roflmao:

really? there established key silver age and bronzed comics. i would not consider them hot

:signfunny: They seem to be in high demand no? Maybe I should sell since they are not hot anymore? Think I'll look through this thread and buy up all the HOT moderns. (thumbs u