• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

fatale is a good read, time will tell i guess. i was a bit surprised how hard the 2nd printing was to find.

That uncanny x-force liefeld variant seems to be picking up speed.

Edited by krighton

yeah, my LCS's really stink in regards to Variant's, though when they do get one they normally mark it up to $5.95.

LCSs have our caught between a rock and a hard place with variants. They have to order a ton to get them. Then once they get one they have to ensure to sell it for enough to clear the back stock cost they will encumber because they wont sell out of the regular issue. I think a good policy would be to make your money back on current sales + the variant and then mark down the extra copies to $1.00 to make your profit or something like that.

yeah, my LCS's really stink in regards to Variant's, though when they do get one they normally mark it up to $5.95.

LCSs have our caught between a rock and a hard place with variants. They have to order a ton to get them. Then once they get one they have to ensure to sell it for enough to clear the back stock cost they will encumber because they wont sell out of the regular issue. I think a good policy would be to make your money back on current sales + the variant and then mark down the extra copies to $1.00 to make your profit or something like that.

Agreed,

Remember the Avengers variants where LCS had to in crease their orders based on their last shipment in order to even get the variants? I can't recall the details but it was a mess. I'm amazed modern practices concerning variants by the comic industry hasn't sent the hobby crashing again.

Jericho Sets(1-6) are still selling well at $40-50 even after the series has been cancelled. I think this set will stay selling well due to people watching the show thru Netflix and then realizing the next season is only in comics.

This has picked up strength, I sell sets on ebay for $75 and amazon for $109.00

As far as the books contents, and the cancelled series, I have never watched or read them, but what ever it is about this property fans sure don't mind forking over the money for it.