• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Let you treat me to a pint then Bane

I think I will owe you a couple mate!

4hrs on the auction to go and its now up to £22/$34.... unbelievable!

Edited by Bane

those variant Adventure Time covers are pretty hard to find. Seems like not alot of stores ordered enough to get past cover B. Not to mention the regular 1A, i was able to grab one from each store and that's all they had left.

Only place online i could find any copies was mile high (i'll be surprised if they fill the order).

Btw no Fatale at all of any issues or printings were at those stores and Thief of Thieves was sold out at the larger store.

those variant Adventure Time covers are pretty hard to find. Seems like not alot of stores ordered enough to get past cover B. Not to mention the regular 1A, i was able to grab one from each store and that's all they had left.

Only place online i could find any copies was mile high (i'll be surprised if they fill the order).

Btw no Fatale at all of any issues or printings were at those stores and Thief of Thieves was sold out at the larger store.

Is Thief of Thieves any good?

I finally got to read Fatale and I found it interested enough to see where it goes over the next 4-5 issues.

Let you treat me to a pint then Bane

I think I will owe you a couple mate!

4hrs on the auction to go and its now up to £22/$34.... unbelievable!

WHAT, dunno whether to risk my copy and then hope to pick up another cheap one day

bit slow to start and seemed a tad rushed in the beginning but i think it will turn out ok. Nice cliffhanger for the next issue.

Thanks, I'll check it out if I run across a copy.

Does anyone know the CGC turn around time for Modern books and if it's worth doing the Modern Faster option in terms of speed?

All depends what your goal is. I do all personal regular submission and all key resale fast track. Regular resale I also submit to the regular modern tier.

What do you mean by 'worth it'?

All depends what your goal is. I do all personal regular submission and all key resale fast track. Regular resale I also submit to the regular modern tier.

What do you mean by 'worth it'?

I'm just trying to gauge whether or not you see a noticeable difference in turn around time between regular Modern vs the faster Modern submission. The books in question will be both personal and resale.

Moderns grading Dec 30th

Fast Track is grading Jan 28th

This gap between the 2 is currently shrinking.

Forgive my ignorance but is that like 11 month difference? I mean are we talking January 28, 2012 and December 30, 2012? Thus making the Fast Track shaving a month? Sorry, I generally buy my comics graded vs submissions.

Thanks

I have a 9 year old so I can indulge and sit and enjoy it lol

We grew out of Dora really fast thankfully for me. I think a lot of these cartoons have their place and wonderful to see their taste in shows evolve...

Personally besides maybe Childrens Hospital and Venture Bros. I find shows like Mad, Adventure Time & Regular Show much more entertaining and clever then talking fast food products or squids that are hillbillies...

Cool. I just picked up Covers A-C that were just sitting at my LCS where no one ever looks. Read it. It was interesting. The colors alone are amazing. Going to keep a copy just because and sell the others. They seem to be doing well. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY

I have a 9 year old so I can indulge and sit and enjoy it lol

We grew out of Dora really fast thankfully for me. I think a lot of these cartoons have their place and wonderful to see their taste in shows evolve...

Personally besides maybe Childrens Hospital and Venture Bros. I find shows like Mad, Adventure Time & Regular Show much more entertaining and clever then talking fast food products or squids that are hillbillies...

Cool. I just picked up Covers A-C that were just sitting at my LCS where no one ever looks. Read it. It was interesting. The colors alone are amazing. Going to keep a copy just because and sell the others. They seem to be doing well. (thumbs u

The kids and I love Adventure Time, Regular Show and the Amazing World of Gumble. I think the LCS thought I was crazy when I told them I wanted to pre-order the Adventure Time comic. I'm currently sitting on 9 copies.

Some comments:

Uncharted 1 - Tough recent book to find. Or at least no one seems to be thinking of reselling them at this point. Unexpectedly fun mini so far though. A copy just sold tonight on eBay for $14.50....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220947763564?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true

As everyone's noticing, copies of Adventure Time 1 have caught fire overnight with their release this week. Will be interesting to watch over time. Decided to pick up a copy of the Chapel Hill variant, what the heck.

Undecided on what I'm willing to spend for a copy of Uncanny X-Force 4. Or any of the other issues in this title. Some how I've completely missed the boat on this one (just not an X-book fan for years now). But now I'm curious as to what all the hubbub's about. Will read the trade shortly...

Some comments:

Uncharted 1 - Tough recent book to find. Or at least no one seems to be thinking of reselling them at this point. Unexpectedly fun mini so far though. A copy just sold tonight on eBay for $14.50....

selling big in UK aswell, Bane sold his copy for $34 on feebay