• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Maybe "Super Hero" ain't what it used to be. ;)

I agree, but every time I'm in my LCS there is always people still buying super hero books.

But how much of that is habit? It took me a LONG time to give up on Xmen.

Me too wow something in common. Scary stuff.

Broke my heart to give up on X-men, but had to do it just like Spider-man they just arent the same anymore.

Sold all my Hardcores today, went around town yesterday and today and bought every LCS out.

Paid my normal LCS 5$ a book just to sell me his entire stock on the issue. He knows I sell on eBay so I dont mind sharing the profit with him since he helps me out on stuff like this.

Anyways sold my 1 copy (the same one I offered on the boards for 5$ that noone bought Tuesday night) for 10$ on Wednesday contacted the seller and sold him every other copy I had for 10$ a book.

He took my ToT #4s also for 8$ a book. I was pretty happy quick flips on both books and 300$ profit in my paypal account for 1 day of work.

just sold another copy of Hardcore #1 for $16 shipped. this book is blazing hot right now

So is this Hardcore phenomena going to wach away when the next issue doesn't come out or will slabbed copies of this book sell? I clearly didn't see Thief of Theives coming, and I'm confident that Hardcore is no Thief of Thieves, but ... I wonder if this book is going to keep burning or bust? hm

I put my stuff up as auctions should I have put them as BIN?

BECAUSE NONE OF MY AUCTIONS HAVE ANY BIDS AND IT IS FRUSTRATION TO READ THE SUCCESS OF OTHERS WHILE WALLOWING IN MY MODERN COMIC BUYING FAILURES.

bust but what do i know

That's what I think too, but who knows. I'm still burned that they didn't make "the Beauty" into a series. I thought that book was good. I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a single Pilot Season book that has been turned into a series.

Oh yeah, Infinity Gauntlet TPB is heating up..

Yes and no. First print is selling well. Other prints are still selling at Retail price, but it is selling. In a week or two after all the set supply is exhausted or price too high it will climb some. I think they are 3 prints of it.

Three printings that I know of, First print, 2006, and 2011.

There is no way that this book stays this hot. People are just latching on to ToT and WD. They dont want to get left behind. I am sure if Infinite came out next week it would be a 10$ book.

I put my stuff up as auctions should I have put them as BIN?

BECAUSE NONE OF MY AUCTIONS HAVE ANY BIDS AND IT IS FRUSTRATION TO READ THE SUCCESS OF OTHERS WHILE WALLOWING IN MY MODERN COMIC BUYING FAILURES.

BIN

There is no way that this book stays this hot. People are just latching on to ToT and WD. They dont want to get left behind. I am sure if Infinite came out next week it would be a 10$ book.

:roflmao:

a lot of shops got short changed on their orders of Hardcore #1. online maybe too. so, probably next week more copies will be available. probably only hot til wednesday morning

Oh yeah, Infinity Gauntlet TPB is heating up..

Yes and no. First print is selling well. Other prints are still selling at Retail price, but it is selling. In a week or two after all the set supply is exhausted or price too high it will climb some. I think they are 3 prints of it.

Three printings that I know of, First print, 2006, and 2011.

hm

I see a 2004 printing also.

Man, i started reading the modern forum as just the right time.

i have 4 first print runs of ToT 1-4, 4 issues of Hardcore, peter panzaurfat #1, hell yeah 1 and 2, epic kill 1, and i paid cover price for all.

I sometimes wonder if im taking a gamble getting them all slabbed.