• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

jeez, generic WD issues from the last few years have cooled off a TON. i just picked up a nice 84 and a WDW #2 at cover, I figured I'd put them up for $12.99 - $14.99 because a month ago WDW #2 and any generic WD issue was getting $15-$20 (I ran a bunch of those lots as I had a bunch of #2s), but now I wonder if I can even get cover price back. someone was putting the WDW 2s up with $1 BINS, WTF???

jeez, generic WD issues from the last few years have cooled off a TON. i just picked up a nice 84 and a WDW #2 at cover, I figured I'd put them up for $12.99 - $14.99 because a month ago WDW #2 and any generic WD issue was getting $15-$20 (I ran a bunch of those lots as I had a bunch of #2s), but now I wonder if I can even get cover price back. someone was putting the WDW 2s up with $1 BINS, WTF???

strike while the iron's hot. and the iron on every issue except 1, 1( ariz con variant), 19, 27, and maybe 33, 43, 48 (and those 3 don't necessarily sell) has gone cold.

not to change the topic so drastically on you guys but what is the status of Chew nowadays? I picked up the series today just to read it because it seemed and has turned out to be an extremely interesting series but has it cooled off price wise?

the hype has hit a lull, you never sell during a lull. that's when you buy.

not to say that i haven't sold when i shouldn't, no shortage of opinions.

Regardless you wouldn't be wise to wait until a few episodes in as you suggested.

the hype around Michonne will NEVER be higher than it was after her quick 1st appearance.

Is Michonne gonna be the next Harada? hm

not to change the topic so drastically on you guys but what is the status of Chew nowadays? I picked up the series today just to read it because it seemed and has turned out to be an extremely interesting series but has it cooled off price wise?

I think the prices are still firm with chew. I mean i think you can get a chew issue 1 cgc 9.8 for around $400 to $500. But im sure someone with more info then me will chime in and maybe give a better chew outlook.

A chew 1 CGC 9.8 just sold for almost $600 on feebay. I think the last person with a Chew 1 on the boards was asking even more than that, but may have accepted less. Not sure what a reasonable seller would let one go for on the boards, and I'm afraid that a lot of people who have copies of that book are holding and hoarding until there is more news about the Showtime series. I think I may be in the market for one myself if my raw copy doesn't come back a 9.8 (although it was a really nice copy with no ticks, bends, creases, dents, sharp corners, etc. so I'm hopeful that I won't get nailed). Suffice to say, I doubt that I'll be willing to pull the trigger for less than around $500 because that is what pervailing wisdom indicates is a fair price.

Personally, I would just love to see the Chew 1 CGC 10.0. Anyone know who has that gem. I'm jealous! :)

On a completely different note, I think that the Ultimate Fallout 4 Variant in CGC 9.8 is very hard to find and I can't imagine what the next one for sale of feebay will bring, but I have a feeling that it could double that last recorded sale now that Ultimate Spiderman has really taken off with an interesting story and it looks like Miles is here to stay. I'm also interested in what is going to happen in Amazing Spiderman 700 and whether we are going to see Miles as a permenant fixture in the 616. Apparently Amazing 700 is going to effect continuity in all Marvel books and I wouldn't be shocked if we see Miles replacing Peter Parker or some such development. Don't get me wrong, it will probably be something truly lame, but maybe not. lol

Edited by Nico Esq

Chew #1 10.0 looks the same as the 9.9's which look the same (to the naked eye) as most of the 9.8's. Be patient and the 10.0 will be offered on the boards again. It makes it here every once and awhile for advertising before hitting eBay.

I think I may be in the market for one myself if my raw copy doesn't come back a 9.8 (although it was a really nice copy with no ticks, bends, creases, dents, sharp corners, etc. so I'm hopeful that I won't get nailed).

You might be in trouble if it has no sharp corners :P

I think I may be in the market for one myself if my raw copy doesn't come back a 9.8 (although it was a really nice copy with no ticks, bends, creases, dents, sharp corners, etc. so I'm hopeful that I won't get nailed).

You might be in trouble if it has no sharp corners :P

lol lol lol

now i'm worried that the guy who bought my last 3 hardcores 2 days ago (for a very reasonable $26, including shipping) and hasn't paid yet is going to deadbeat me if he sees a bunch at his lcs show up today.

now i'm worried that the guy who bought my last 3 hardcores 2 days ago (for a very reasonable $26, including shipping) and hasn't paid yet is going to deadbeat me if he sees a bunch at his lcs show up today.

This is one of the reasons I don't jump on the hottest new release to sell. Did I mention I have had 2 deadbeats in 10 years? ;)

What's the deal with 'Tec #871 - #873 and #880?

Now that's interesting

low print runs I guess? hm

I believe that is the 1st Scott Synder Batman arc. It is supposed to be quite good and his work on the new 52 relaunch has been drawing attention back to these.

What's the deal with 'Tec #871 - #873 and #880?

Now that's interesting

low print runs I guess? hm

Because #880 was the best cover of last year is my thought.

Probably because the relaunch was going to happen shortly and people didn't order them.

Edited by umyeahwhatevers