• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I'm planning on getting a bunch of books signed and slabbed at SDCC. I'm just debating on which would be better to get slabbed. A stack of Hardcore #1s or a batch of Thief of Thieves sets. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Go with the ToT sets.

Hardcore Isn't at red hot levels like ToT just yet.

I'm planning on getting a bunch of books signed and slabbed at SDCC. I'm just debating on which would be better to get slabbed. A stack of Hardcore #1s or a batch of Thief of Thieves sets. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

the hardcore #1 market has stopped. ToT is the smart option

Contrary to my prior post, the WD market for generic issues isn't dead. I picked up 91 - 95 and just looked to see if those were still selling and the prices looked pretty strong. It must depend on the issue.

Lady Mechanika seems to be picking up lately. Look back a couple of months ago and #3 (regular covers) had trouble cracking cover price and now they seem to be selling for $5+. not huge, but it shows a market.

Edited by the blob

It would appear that Valiant variants and #1's, after 20 years, has finally paid off for those people who have held onto them for all these years after the bubble burst!

Harbinger #1 - Currently selling for $63.

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold - at $50 to $80ish

X-O Manowar #1 sells at a brisk $20

Harbinger pink seems to get about $55.

Valiant is all over The Market's modern books heating up! :ohnoez:

It would appear that Valiant variants and #1's, after 20 years, has finally paid off for those people who have held onto them for all these years after the bubble burst!

hm

Maybe the time is now right to sell my NM sets of X-O Manowar 1-10 and Harbinger 1-10 (with pink sendaway book also NM)

I think now is the safe time to sell Valiant relaunched keys, but if you feel like gambling I would wait until all the books are out and the critics and fans have spoken because the market could go bonkers for those books. I think the same logic applies to comics with forthcoming movies (e.g., Vengeance of Bane, ASM 6, etc.). Now's the safest time, but there's a possibilty that those books couild go nuts if those movies are great and fans get excited about the way the characters are portrayed in the films. Obviously that is just my personal opinion. What does everyone else think?

I very very rarely dip into this pool, but I have to here - this statement is just factually wrong. They are NOT hard to find - there may be a lot of demand for them, but they're everywhere.

I very very rarely dip into this pool, but I have to here - this statement is just factually wrong. They are NOT hard to find - there may be a lot of demand for them, but they're everywhere.

We know. I corrected myself a few days ago.

Edited by Hawkman

To add to that, X-O Manowar 68 is fetching close to $70 right now.

I just picked up a collection loaded with Valiants. I sold a couple of the X-O Manowar #1s here for what they're going for on eBay, and have a couple of more that I might wait on. I think I will unload the #68s now, since they might have peaked. I definitely picked up this collection at the perfect time. A couple of months ago, it would have been pretty worthless, IMO

Any other decent priced Valiants worth noting? I'm not familiar with what's valuable with Valiant.

Edited by lemonman5

The Bloodshot and Archer and Armstron 0 golds will continue to heat up as there re-release approaches ... not sure what these books command right now. Raw NM/M copie were between $45 - $65 in the last three months on feebay.

I just picked up a collection loaded with Valiants. I sold a couple of the X-O Manowar #1s here for what they're going for on eBay, and have a couple of more that I might wait on. I think I will unload the #68s now, since they might have peaked. I definitely picked up this collection at the perfect time. A couple of months ago, it would have been pretty worthless, IMO

Any other decent priced Valiants worth noting? I'm not familiar with what's valuable with Valiant.

going to be listing mine tonight! :whee:

Was the $70 a completed auction? Was that graded?

What is the difference in the eternal warrior gold and the eternal warrior gold embossed?